1995 Under Hood Stickers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dorky topic, I know... There seems to be a wide range of stickers/diagrams under the hoods of the 80. What seems to be the strange year, is 1995.

I believe this to be due to a mix of OBD1 and OBD2 equipment.

With that said, I am trying to figure out what information is included on the sticker circled in red because 1. I am curious, 2. I want to replace it:

IMG_1995.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

I have a feeling it could be this following sticker circled in green, but this image is from a Lexus. Unsure if that changes things.

IMG_1997.jpeg

Does anyones else 1995 have same sticker layout as mine? If so, would you mind sharing what sticker is circled in red?

I'm not sure what year it was started, but car makers started placing Vin tags on all their body panels. The reason they did this was to help prevent the trade in stolen body parts. Since i see one of those Vin tags on the passenger side inner fender in your photo, that sticker your asking about just might of been a body panel Vin tag.

The small sticker is a vin tag as mentioned. Looks like the vin has worn away. I believe Toyota started this in 1995 at least on cruisers. You should see other small vin stickers on the doors and other major body panels.

The small sticker is a vin tag as mentioned. Looks like the vin has worn away. I believe Toyota started this in 1995 at least on cruisers. You should see other small vin stickers on the doors and other major body panels.

Interesting. Is the vin Tag sticker on the hood always substantially larger than the other vin tags?

One thing that makes me think its not a VIN sticker is that every other vin sticker on the panels have a "TOYOTA" listed and used in the background.

it looks to be about the right size for the dyno info in the pic with the sticker circled in green. vin tag stickers are much smaller maybe 1/2x2 inches in size. the missing stickers should still be available from the dealer

Here is the sticker you're looking for, photo from my 1995 about 10 minutes ago:
20200325_105550.jpg

Could I ask a favor of you, @crtx ? Someone scraped my VIN sticker off the driver's door, would you mind sharing a photo of your 1995 sticker? Thanks!

Andrew

it looks to be about the right size for the dyno info in the pic with the sticker circled in green. vin tag stickers are much smaller maybe 1/2x2 inches in size. the missing stickers should still be available from the dealer

I think you are correct. Its the dyno info sticker. OEM: 11282-74010

Edit: I am not sure if the 1995 came with the dyno info sticker. Other 95s do not seem to have one listed on the top left corner of the hood.

Last edited:
Could I ask a favor of you, @crtx ? Someone scraped my VIN sticker off the driver's door, would you mind sharing a photo of your 1995 sticker? Thanks!

Andrew

Sure. Please send me a DM.

Here is the sticker you're looking for, photo from my 1995 about 10 minutes ago:
View attachment 2248777

Andrew

It could be that sticker as well... has the angled corners just like mine. Is it located top left of the hood as well (when hood is open, looking at it from the front)?

Would you mind sending a pic of that same stickers, with a ruler for scale?

I would bet a large sum of money that it's the same sticker. The lettering on mine started to wipe off the first time I cleaned it, so I'm not surprised yours is blank. About 4 7/8" long.

20200325_151427.jpg
20200325_151458.jpg

I would bet a large sum of money that it's the same sticker. The lettering on mine started to wipe off the first time I cleaned it, so I'm not surprised yours is blank. About 4 7/8" long.

View attachment 2248971

Perfect. I believe thats the exact match. Angled corners and dimensions match. Now to find a replica sticker or part number...

Interestingly, I have spotted the same sticker on some older models. This is not much of a surprise, as the 95 also is OBD1. For example, the same exact decal is listed on this thread here, and its listed as a 1981-1987 label. Strange. :

Now to find a replica sticker or part number...

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 5.46.14 PM.png

Based on the image above, it looks like it could be part number 8708-8908 or 8908-9001?

I have checked with a lot of cruiser part shop online stores. None seem to have this exact sticker or a replica.

Seems like a lot of shops like specter, cruiser parts, etc put effort into their replica sticker inventory. This could be a good sticker to add.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 5.57.41 PM.png

I think you are correct. Its the dyno info sticker. OEM: 11282-74010

Edit: I am not sure if the 1995 came with the dyno info sticker. Other 95s do not seem to have one listed on the top left corner of the hood.

it should have that sticker as it details how to do a dyno emissions test which may be required in certain areas.

it is about thhe right size for the air and oil filter service but I think that mine is on the air filter housing and in other vehicles that's the only place that I have seen it before, or on the vaf housing

8708-8908 or 8908-9001 is the year/month range of models that part number is applicable to. I think you'll want to hunt for part number 17791-61023 or 17791-61070.

View attachment 2248989

Based on the image above, it looks like it could be part number 8708-8908 or 8908-9001?

I have checked with a lot of cruiser part shop online stores. None seem to have this exact sticker or a replica.

Seems like a lot of shops like specter, cruiser parts, etc put effort into their replica sticker inventory. This could be a good sticker to add.

View attachment 2248997
What is the build month/year of your 95?

My 96 has a build date of 8/95, so I am curious about the stickers, or lack thereof.

What is the build month/year of your 95?

My 96 has a build date of 8/95, so I am curious about the stickers, or lack thereof.
If i remember right from talking to C Dan the production of the 1994 OBD1 Land Cruisers ran to the very end of Dec. 1994. The 1995 model year started on Jan. 1 1995, the overlap of 1995 OBD1 equipped Land Cruisers probably only lasted a short time.

The hood sticker on his 1995 says OBD II certified.

Hi, revisiting this thread. I've noticed that my 96 doesn't have any stickers on the underside of the hood. I believe it should. Can anybody suggest where to buy them? Toyota still sells them? Ive searched their base but wasn't able to find anything without part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom