1994 LC Brake job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brakes prety much stopped working, took it to a shop and they replaced the brake boster, master cylinder, brake fluid and rear rotors and pads, now I have brakes again but when I push down on the brake pedal I hear what I thought was a clunk sound, after getting down on the floor it sounds like when I push on the brake pedal it activating a switch or diaphram in the dash, maybe toward the passenger side.
What could this be? It never did this before they worked on the brakes-
Thank for you help

rechecked it, 2 sounds- one sounds like its comming from the shifter, and the other is a clunking comming from the brake pedal as its depressed into the booster,

Is there a cuase or reason for this?

Last edited:
I am not sure from your description, but a common problem that results in a clunk type noise is loose or missing caliper bolts. they frequently come loose and can cause a major failure or accident if not re-torqued. Please check them asap.

Thanks for the reply, the sound is fron the back of the brake booster I think and the other sound sounds like the stitch that allowes you to go from park when you depress the brake pedal.

What would cause this to start after having the brakes worked on?

Is it coming from your gear shift safety switch? It clicks when you push the brake to release the park pin IIRC. My 94 does it every time I step on the brake.
This may of been working all along and you just noticed it due to worry about the brakes.
Behind the booster noise could be your ABS switch. Take it back to him so he can check it out for you.
Just a thought.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom