1994 fj80 w/ locerks. what is it worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much would a 94 fj80, fully loaded w/ cd, sunroof, leather, roof racks, running boards, power everything and even the diff lockers be worth in the DC area. it has 205k miles but just finished a head gasket job. doesnt leak any oil and runs great. thanks

I guess I think that they are worth more than Todd does...I'd give ya about $600 for it. The higher mileage would shy away some, so I would think the value would be somewhere around $7k-$9k...that's just a shot from the hip.

Values are all over the place on 'em, it really depends on where it it listed. I bet on ebay it would get about $7k

bk

$5,812.41 give or take $0.73
-B-

I think Cruiserhead won't ask you guys again !!

$500 to $600 :slap:

A bit more serious please :flipoff2:

Mike

7-9k is what i had expected. we bought it at 30k miles. its actually in awesome condition. my parents are looking to replace it with a 100 series. found one about an hours away for only 24k with 65k miles. we'll see. thanks though for all you who answered the question seriously.

Cruiserhead,

I recently looked at a 100 series that had 65k and was listed for about $24k here in Houston. It was a maroon 99 in awful shape. What looked like hail damage on the hood and the inside smelt like tobacco. Hope it isn't the one your parents are driving a couple of hours to see.

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=2;threadid=7389;start=msg61820#msg61820 date=1068589143]
7-9k is what i had expected. we bought it at 30k miles. its actually in awesome condition. my parents are looking to replace it with a 100 series. found one about an hours away for only 24k with 65k miles. we'll see. thanks though for all you who answered the question seriously.
[/quote]

I did answer it seriously. This board doesn't go a day without someone asking the value of an 80 series. It's worth what someone will pay for it. If you want to find the general value, go to one of the places that does that, like NADA or Kelly Blue book.

CH,
What we have determined over and over again is that there is no concensus and there is no reasonable answer. There are just far, far too many variables. The book value links that Gumby posted are your best guide... not this forum. We can't agree on much of anything and the value of used vehicles is the one where we have the widest disagreement.

Other than Junk, none of us would sell you our Cruiser for what we would tell you that you should pay for a Cruiser. Why? I don't know. But that's the way it is.
-B-

ok. fair enough. acutally kbb says its worth 13.5k hard to believe though. they one we are looking at is a 99 in fredericksburg Va. we live in northern va. i did a carfax report. it came clean. although someone is looking at it tomrrow. dont know if he will buy it or not. but if we do end up buying my mom a new car the deal is i sell my 40 and get my moms old 80w/ lockers. i figured that would be alright as long as i can build it up a little. they said they didnt want me tampering with it though. their so mean..

CH,

Your goal is to persuade them that adding well thought out accessories is not "tampering" with the 80.

We will be glad to help. :D

-B-

I don't think your using/interpreting the KBB values correctly. It isn't going to be worth ~$13.5k. That is what a dealer is going to ask for a vehicle in perfect condition, inspected, maintenance done, new brakes, tires, etc. and that implies there is some type of warrantee supplied with that. If you were to trade-in this truck to the dealer you would only be getting ~$7.5k for it. That is what it is "worth" to the dealer. Now if you were to either buy or sell to a private party it is going to be ~$10k as is, no warrantee, what you see is what you get, buyer beware! Worth is determined by the buyer ultimately not the seller.

Not sure why, but people shun giving a figure on a vehicle. With 200+K miles, I'd give around 7,500 or so for it, plus or minus condition. If it's got flawless original paint and no stains ANYWHERE etc., maybe offer another 500 or 1000, and then deduct accordingly for hail/torn interior, etc. I've been in the market for quite some time, and that's just what my experiences have shown.

I don't know that particular market, but 205K is a lot of miles. I would think $7k or less, but be prepared to put in some dough to keep it going.

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=2;threadid=7389;start=msg61709#msg61709 date=1068572995]
How much would a 94 fj80, fully loaded w/ cd, sunroof, leather, roof racks, running boards, power everything and even the diff lockers be worth in the DC area. it has 205k miles but just finished a head gasket job. doesnt leak any oil and runs great. thanks [/quote]

$1.93 - oh yeah, that's in pesos not USD. :flipoff2:

ok thanks guys. i'm gonna put a post on the regular page asking how much my 82 might be worth. see what some people say. thanks again

The regular page?

Not only did he not take the not-so-subtle hints that there were better places to research this, but he dissed us.

OTOH, the 40s page will give a better idea of what a 40 is really worth, I suppose.

ppc - killer avatar. I wonder how much it would cost me to get into the Big House on the 22nd? Other than half of my worldly possessions since it is my wifes b-day, that is. :D

>> i'm gonna put a post on the regular page asking how <<
>> much my 82 might be worth. see what some people say. <<

$5,812.41 give or take $0.73

:D

-B-

Gumby,

Had to lay odds on you the one picking up what it was. I wish I could make it on the 22nd myself. Was there last year for the PSU mercy killing. That was the first time there since 77 and it was as breathtaking as it ever was hearing the victors!. I made up for it getting to seem them in Pasadena many times.

Idaho prices are really high. We don't have rust at all so that helps but usually we have the higher miles. That rig could fetch up to $9000 out here. It is amazing when I search the internet and see the prices elsewhere. Everything seems so cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom