1991 FJ80 Transmission Trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First before you all start the flogging I would like to say the search function isn't working at my current location (I don't know why).
My wife took my FJ80 to a well respected Toyota shop to have some work done before I return from overseas. The shop is about 3 hours from where we live and she said it did great on the drive down (the old gilded tortuga even got 15mpg doing 75). However the shop told her that after it had been parked overnight it leaked a large amount of trans fluid out of the dip stick. They are going to take it to a local transmission shop to be evaluated, but I am hoping some of you might be able to shed some light on this. I really don't want to rebuild it.
About the truck: not slipping going to gear forward/ reverse, clunks going into gear, AT over temp light works and didn't come on, and the truck has 235K miles. As always thank you for any input.
Cheers,
Scot

Might be something simple like a plugged breather and an old, cracked dip-stick tube gromet

Thanks for the feed back. I am really hoping that is the case. The shop I took it to is supposed to be very good though and it would surprise me if they overlooked that:meh:

The A440F is the EMP-proof version of a bus transmission. They are mostly invincible.

Thank you all. You have put my mind at ease and I will post the result once I know it.
Cheers,
Scot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom