1991 fj80 toyoya land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a fj80 toyota land cruiser auto.
When i bought the vehicle it had gear box problem, so i got it repaired and now there are 2 more issues that i am facing:

1) i font know y but as soon as i hint above 70kmh the 4wd gear goes nuteral n it stops moving. So i have to put it back to 4h inorder to move. From my understanding the vehicles needs to be in 4h all the time. Why is this happening and what could the solution be?

2) when the vehicle is parked for about 2 hours n then i start n move the 1st gear dosnt change until i hint about 300rpm. But when it dose it dose with a force but then it starts to change normal. What could the problem be here?

I have invested alot in this ans now thing of switching from auto to manual. Need help weather i should go ahead o not.

#1 sounds like your transfer case shift linkage needs to be adjusted OR was not assembled correctly OR there is too much movement in the drivetrain from broken motor mounts.

#2 could be related to the kickdown cable not being adjusted correctly. This can cause hard shifts. Have you checked the level of the transmission fluid?

Hey thankz for the reply

From what i have been told is that

1) the 4wd transfer case is gone bad

2) the valve body needs to be changed

Hey thankz for the reply

From what i have been told is that

1) the 4wd transfer case is gone bad

2) the valve body needs to be changed
It is unlikely that the transfer case is bad given the symptoms. If it's just popping out of gear, then I would look at the linkage. The transfer case itself is pretty robust.

Before changing the valve body, I'd probably check the fluid level first and make sure that the kick down cable is adjusted properly.

Ok thankz i get it checked

The fuild is at the top mark of the dip stick and the vehicle is currently parked. Is that right?

May be overfilled. ATF is checked parked on level ground, in Park, with the engine RUNNING. The top mark is when the engine is at operating temperature or 180*F. The lower mark is when the engine is just settled at idle and below operating temperature.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom