1991 FJ80 disable automatic door unlocking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doors lock on Start up need code to disable - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/doors-lock-on-start-up-need-code-to-disable.539196/ seems to work for later models.

Has anyone tried to disable automatic door locking/unlocking on a 1991? I've tried the code with no success.

My issue is that all the doors automatically unlock if the cruiser is running, the key is in the ignition and I lock try to lock a door. I have spare keys, and want to be able to lock the truck while it is warming up in my driveway. Temperatures are usually -30f to -40f overnight in Dec-Jan.

If I try to leave the vehicle running and lock the door, all doors unlock. The vehicle has no alarm system.

//wish I had a garage but like 2% of homes in Yellowknife have them
//sure, idling's bad or whatever
//there's no catalytic converter in this truck anymore
//would be cool to leave the truck running while I run into the store instead of powering it down in -40

Doors lock on Start up need code to disable - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/doors-lock-on-start-up-need-code-to-disable.539196/ seems to work for later models.

Has anyone tried to disable automatic door locking/unlocking on a 1991? I've tried the code with no success.

My issue is that all the doors automatically unlock if the cruiser is running, the key is in the ignition and I lock try to lock a door. I have spare keys, and want to be able to lock the truck while it is warming up in my driveway. Temperatures are usually -30f to -40f overnight in Dec-Jan.

If I try to leave the vehicle running and lock the door, all doors unlock. The vehicle has no alarm system.

//wish I had a garage but like 2% of homes in Yellowknife have them
//sure, idling's bad or whatever
//there's no catalytic converter in this truck anymore
//would be cool to leave the truck running while I run into the store instead of powering it down in -40
There is an ignition unlock warning switch that is part of the ignition cylinder. It appears as if it is a separate device in the schematic, but I don't know if it can be removed or unplugged.
Basically, the system is working as designed to keep knuckleheads from locking the keys in the car with the engine running. With the key in the ignition, it grounds pin 7 of the door lock control relay. The relay is located inside the driver's door, 16 pin connector D11. Pin 7 is a green/white stripe.

1643308016668.png

Use your extra key to lock the truck from outside. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom