1991 FJ80 AC Only Blows on High (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1991 FJ80 has been only blowing on full blast, no matter which speed is selected. I swapped out the blower resistor (the one behind the glove box) about a year ago in hopes of addressing another issue, then swapped it out with another new one today, but the issue still exists. So unless I've got 2 brand new faulty units on hand, I don't think that's the issue. I know the later 80s have a blower relay box tucked up there that could be the cause, but with all my digging in there, I couldn't find it.

Has anyone had this issue and resolved it by replacing the Blower Switch Assembly? I.e. the selector on the AC Controls? (84732-60020 Switch Assy, Heater Blower)

Unless there's some other fix for this specific issue, that's the only other thing I can think of. From my research, the fact that I have high speed at all means that it's not the driver's side kick panel relay, albeit I haven't tried replacing that one yet to be 100% sure.

Have you ohm-ed out the resistors?
What's the resistance values per FSM?
Check your wires for continuity..you might a loose broken wire connection..

Have you ohm-ed out the resistors?
What's the resistance values per FSM?
Check your wires for continuity..you might a loose broken wire connection..
Believe it or not, my FSM makes no mention of resistance values. Just says to check for continuity.

PXL_20231006_190947390.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom