For Sale 1990 FJ62 with Vortec 5.3L CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1990 Toyota Land Cruiser, FJ62, with a Vortec 5.3L conversion and matched 4 speed auto GM transmission.

Engine and tranny comes from a 2003 Silverado that had less than 5K miles on it. Now has about 25K miles added to that.
The PO had BTB out of Las Vegas do the conversion. I have almost all the receipts from that and the rough total is at least $15K.
Frame has less than 170K miles on it.
Recently repainted, body is in excellent shape. No rust, no frame rust.
Interior is in good shape, rip to driver's seat in usual place. Dash has a few cracks on it.
AC blows cold, heater blows hot

35's on ARE wheels, good tread left.

3" lift, Rancho.
Currently the spare is down below but does come with rear spare tire holder on the after market rear bumper.
Modest brush guard up front, space for a winch.

New radiator, starter, headers.

The bad:
-Sunroof was an aftermarket install. It doesn't work and is sealed in the locked position. Doesn't leak. Options are to remove it and put in a pop up, would cost about $600 or so.
-The dash surround is cracked in a few places.
-The dash is cracked in two places.
-Headliner is acceptable but depending on how you feel about it, could be replaced.
-Needs to have the knuckles rebuilt sooner or later.

I am asking $14,000, which is less than I have into it. I hate to sell it, but I don't have the space, the time or the ability to take care of it right now. But nothing gives me the huge grin that this thing does when I drive in it.

So much more that I can't even remember it all right now. If you are interested, drop me a line, either call or email.

1990FJ62LandCruiserVortec53L

Picasa Web Albums - C Torreyho - 1990 FJ62 Lan...

Pictures
Located in Durango, Colorado.

Chris
torreyho at gmail.com
seven two zero 339.9021

Last edited:
Nice

Looks like a very nice truck. wish I had the coin. That's exactly what i'm after. surprised you haven't had more interest. would love an excuse to go back to Durango. Best of luck with the sale.

cosmo

Thanks for the words. Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't more action on it. But then it isn't a normal LC. It took me 3 months to find it and while take at least that long to sell it, I suppose.

But I am interested in all reasonable offers.

Nothing? Not even a little interest from anyone?

How about a price drop to $13,500 OBO?

oh I am interested, but I dont have that much cash. I am about to jump on a 2000 4runner for half that. nice rig for sure though.

how does it do on the hwy? (70-75) and mpg has to be better than the old motor

It does great on the highway, except for the highway noise. And no problem going up mountain passes around here. Drop it into 3rd and it can do 60-65 MPH up Coal Bank Pass.

As far as MPG, it gets about 14 with mixed town/highway miles. Similar to stock, I think.

funds :(

I have about 7 in cash, no one would give me a loan for the rest :(

Looks like a stick but it is an automatic. It is mounted just mid-line of the original. I might come down on the price, for the right offer.

Sorry, no loans from this bank! Good luck, though.

did this sell?

How does it do towing? How is the other PM? Brakes, axles, etc. Any rubbing with those 35's? Lockers? Sounds like you have a swing arm for the rear bumper with a tire, do you have the other swing arm too?

Looks great, exactly what I've been looking for.

PM sent

Updated photos

I took a few more photos of the underside, for all interested.

If anyone would like something different, please let me know.

Chris

13-14 MPG. A nice $50 (at least) fill every 3-4 weeks, with how much I drive it.

love this truck. bump....

That engine bay… looks very clean...nicely done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom