Builds 1990 FJ62 5.3 and H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

few pics...and I hope to swap in a 80 series air filter huosing this spring

also sprayed some starting fluid around the 2 booster hose ends and around other potential intake leak areas and got no change

IMG_20240123_171004989_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240123_171020059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240123_171032801_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240123_171053003_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240123_171059878_HDR.jpg

man, if you can open up the air inlet on the 80 series airbox to be 3 or 3.5 inches in diameter. Its the air intake choke point. I need to redo mine before i tune it again. Leaving a lot on the table with the factory sized intake hole coming off the side of the airbox can

man, if you can open up the air inlet on the 80 series airbox to be 3 or 3.5 inches in diameter. Its the air intake choke point. I need to redo mine before i tune it again. Leaving a lot on the table with the factory sized intake hole coming off the side of the airbox can
I cut the top part off and 90 4 inch into it also make the inlet to the box bigger I can say first hand it makes a difference. @onemanarmy it also goes on the passenger side not driver side how you have your intake now.

@tmxmotorsports oh man thats what im talkin about! The LS1 i built right before i moved in the summer hit the dyno and the first thing the guy said was the airbox was restricting it super bad. What you did should clear it right up haha. Im planning on doing something similar to mine

image.jpg

I cut the top part off and 90 4 inch into it also make the inlet to the box bigger I can say first hand it makes a difference. @onemanarmy it also goes on the passenger side not driver side how you have your intake now.

I can't put that huge 80 air box on the passenger side due to the high mount AC compressor on my LS, and tons of wiring

I thought the 'check valve' was part of the nipple on the booster? inside the housing maybe?

is there a seperate check valve on the stock 62 setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom