1990 FJ-62 Land Cruiser Original (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is our 1990 FJ62 Landcruiser, $8,400.
183k miles, excellent original condition.

Currently female owned and loved, and I'am listing it for my girlfriend. She has decided to part with her dream vehicle due to unforeseen financial constraints. I have owned 2 FJ60's and one FJ40 in the past, so I have a fair bit of knowledge about these unique vehicles. An original cruiser like this is getting very hard to find!

Exterior: The exterior of this FJ is in excellent original condition! Original paint that still shines, the body on this cruiser is REALLY straight! I could not find anything bigger than a minor door ding, and only two at that. The roof is perfect, doors shut nice and tight as they should, lift gate opens smoothly, bumpers pretty straight-each has 1 dent, tires have tons of life left-look almost new, all glass is original and factory etched in excellent condition-windshield has a couple rock dings, has old tint that I would remove if keeping but that is up to you. Body is almost rust free, honestly better than most original paint cruisers I have seen. There is a little starting where the rear window washer sits, and just a little on lower passenger side. I have pics of this included. This is really NOT a rusty cruiser! No rust on the roof gutters either.

Interior: The interior is in amazing original condition. Perfect un-cut dash, original tape deck stereo, no cracks in the dash! All gauges work as they should, nice center console, rear passenger heat, carpet is in great shape, rear seat is perfect, front seats are almost perfect-driver seat has the usual small rip from getting in/out- I haven't seen an original driver seat without this. Seats feel nice and firm like they should. Back of rear seat in great shape, not torn up like many I have seen, same goes for rear cargo carpet. Door panels are all excellent. Power windows and locks work fine. No strange odors, smells clean. Original jack and toolkit! Original owner manual in glove box too.

Mechanical: She starts up and idles nicely, cruises at highway speeds easily. Steering is nice and tight, suspension is also good. Doesn't smoke, no hesitation from idle etc., brakes work fine. Previous owner had rear half of exhaust replaced, and fluids changed recently. I would guess that all the miles on this cruiser were highway, hasn't been abused off-road or hammered down washboard roads. There is an oil leak from the main seal area that needs to be taken care of. I have fixed these before on previous 60's, it seems to be common. The part is cheap, and not bad if you can do it yourself. Overall the engine compartment itself is original and clean. 4 wheel drive works just as it should! No howling from transfer case.

I would LOVE to keep this cruiser myself! I have been kicking myself since I sold my FJ60, but I commute too much, gas is spendy, and I really wouldn't want to rack up the mileage on this 62. Keep it stock and original, or throw an OME lift and some 33's on her, maybe an ARB bumper? It's up to the new owner...Check out the pics, they should speak for themselves. If you have any questions please ask, we will be happy to answer.

Located in Twisp, Washington. please email monikaclaire@yahoo.com for more pics and questions. thank you!

cruiser34.jpg

cruiser32.JPG

cruiser18.jpeg

This unit was on eBay with a Buy Now of $9,500, so seller seems to have dropped the price by $1,100.

Not sure why it didn't garner more bids (only 1), looks to be a nice truck.
Maybe the rear seal and rust spots are scaring buyers away.

Either way, good description on the condition.
GLWS.

Last edited:
ah, effin hell I was up there Saturday.

So the tranny still shifts like it should? Was never towed with? How about any service history on this original tranny?? Interested but need more info on the trans. Thanks john Looks like a clean 62!!

Hey everyone sorry I missed all these posts! Seems most of you have answered the questions...Original stock trans as far as I know, highly doubt it's been towed with, shifts fine as it should. Guy we got it from stored it in his garage next to his Porsche and his "other" cruiser, apparently his wife didn't like to drive it? He loved it. It's not the perfect holy grail too good to be true cruiser, but it really is a good, solid cruiser. Leaky rear main, only thing I can find wrong. Somebody come take a look! It just sits in my shop with a fresh wax job, GF can't afford to insure 2 cars so we don't drive it...

Hello Twisp - is this rig still for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom