1989 3.0 - 3.4 Swap (Indiana) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So in the middle of my swap I needed to move out of state and am now in Indiana. The 3.4 is currently in my truck and I have the new wiring harness (converted professionally to use the original core) and transmission needing to mate up to the engine.

Does anyone know a place out here that they'd recommend to help me finish it up? The place I had it shipped to nearby doesn't want to get into it because they said they have no experience doing 3.4 swaps and also hesitant since I started it and they aren't sure of where to start.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

It is not that hard to do yourself. If the engines already in, you can do everything else in your garage on nights / weekends. The 3.4 swap FB group is essential as they are very active / helpful.

So in the middle of my swap I needed to move out of state and am now in Indiana. The 3.4 is currently in my truck and I have the new wiring harness (converted professionally to use the original core) and transmission needing to mate up to the engine.

Does anyone know a place out here that they'd recommend to help me finish it up? The place I had it shipped to nearby doesn't want to get into it because they said they have no experience doing 3.4 swaps and also hesitant since I started it and they aren't sure of where to start.

Any help would be great. Thank you.
There is a 4x4 shop in Elkhart that might be able to help you. I think its called Freddy’s Offroad. Also, Luke Bogner at Specialty 4x4 in Kentucky could probably help you as well.

No need to use a 4x4 shop or to expect someone who bolts parts to jeeps to know how to do a 3.4 swap.

I do know a guy in MI, but he doesn't take in outside work any more and is currently ass deep in an LS 60 series swap.

What all needs to be done? Is the crossover built or bought? Most other parts besides the wiring and crossover are easy.

I was half-assed thinking about accepting a project this summer
If Gumby will do it, you won’t find a better guy for the job…

I actually found a guy! He is north of Indy and it ended up working out. Thank you guys for the help and sorry for the late reply.

I actually found a guy! He is north of Indy and it ended up working out. Thank you guys for the help and sorry for the late reply.
Who is it? A true shop or someone who knows what they are doing and has a shop at home? It occurred to me that it might in Brannicks (sp.?) realm. He is near Fort Wayne.

No it was a guy in Anderson, IN named Tony. He works out of his home and has done swaps before. I found him through FB Marketplace because he was selling a bunch of 3.4L engines and parts and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if he knew of anyone. He said he's retired and only takes on projects when he wants and although he was hesitant to take it on he drove all the way up to FW, picked it up on his trailer, and then towed it back down to work on it at his leisure.

There's a couple bugs to work out still but overall the truck runs great. Way better than the three point slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom