1989 3.0 - 3.4 Swap (Indiana) (1 Viewer)

So in the middle of my swap I needed to move out of state and am now in Indiana. The 3.4 is currently in my truck and I have the new wiring harness (converted professionally to use the original core) and transmission needing to mate up to the engine.

Does anyone know a place out here that they'd recommend to help me finish it up? The place I had it shipped to nearby doesn't want to get into it because they said they have no experience doing 3.4 swaps and also hesitant since I started it and they aren't sure of where to start.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

It is not that hard to do yourself. If the engines already in, you can do everything else in your garage on nights / weekends. The 3.4 swap FB group is essential as they are very active / helpful.

Josey1972

SILVER Star
So in the middle of my swap I needed to move out of state and am now in Indiana. The 3.4 is currently in my truck and I have the new wiring harness (converted professionally to use the original core) and transmission needing to mate up to the engine.

Does anyone know a place out here that they'd recommend to help me finish it up? The place I had it shipped to nearby doesn't want to get into it because they said they have no experience doing 3.4 swaps and also hesitant since I started it and they aren't sure of where to start.

Any help would be great. Thank you.
There is a 4x4 shop in Elkhart that might be able to help you. I think its called Freddy’s Offroad. Also, Luke Bogner at Specialty 4x4 in Kentucky could probably help you as well.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
No need to use a 4x4 shop or to expect someone who bolts parts to jeeps to know how to do a 3.4 swap.

I do know a guy in MI, but he doesn't take in outside work any more and is currently ass deep in an LS 60 series swap.

What all needs to be done? Is the crossover built or bought? Most other parts besides the wiring and crossover are easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom