1986 BJ75 side mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a few years, a few shops, and a ton of work by some fine people, my rig is finally back home. Now I need some useful side mirrors that actually allow you to see traffic. The mirrors on it now only tilt up and down without any side movement.

Does anyone know what model would be interchangeable with my truck? I'd like to keep them black but I can make a chrome pair work.

LC Side Mirror.jpeg

There are a couple of aftermarket brands in Australia for bigger/extendedable type mirrors. Some mixed reviews on them. There are a variety of factory mirrors that seem to pivot/swivel differently. I have two different kinds and they are different between the two.

There are a couple of aftermarket brands in Australia for bigger/extendedable type mirrors. Some mixed reviews on them. There are a variety of factory mirrors that seem to pivot/swivel differently. I have two different kinds and they are different between the two.
Thanks for the information. Guess I'll be ordering something aftermarket rom Australia. I may also roll the dice and try some for some other similar rigs.

The holes are standard within toyota range for the 80-90 ‘s land cruiser - 60 series
Chrome was the thing in the mid 90’s, but you can find the black ones on that same style. If you want electric they are available, but will need retrofit installation.

The newer 79 series are a vast improvement. Should be a direct fit as they fit my 85 BJ70.

the ozzie mirrors mentioned are Clearview. good mirrors but too big for my likes.

do you know what wheels your running there?
I'm not sure on those wheels. They came on the truck 6.5 years ago so they are long gone. They had a red band around them that I didn't like so we found a replacement set of Black Rocks on the cheap.

Mud 3.JPG

Thanks kinder

I'm just collecting info on wheels for my own rig,,,, do you know the specs on those Blackrock? Backspace?
I don't know any of the backspacing information. I know them to be 16x7, tires are 285-75-16 so I'd assume they are OEM backspacing.

Best to post a pic of your mirrors, not the whole truck. Go through the 60’s forum.
Lots of mirror talk thereand the 60 guys are are always adapting 70 mirrors over.
They essentially interchange slight base foot variation. Yours are manual, not electric then?
You could look at the Euro 70 mirrors. I had cheap knockoffs
and they worked well, until I literally knocked them off. But I liked the look and visibility.

@jkinder Troopy looks great..

Here is a great option if you like OEM Fender mounted mirrors. To have one on the right side makes a very big difference..

@MES has one for his Troopy and it looks incredible in my opinion and you can see far better with this mirror then the ones mounted to the doors.

Part number - 166-01Z-F- at Page 166 Land Cruiser 70 Series Mirrors - https://www.sor.com/cat166c.sor. Scroll down the page and you can see it. Its a bit pricey but its well worth it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom