1986 22RE Engine mount to blockvbolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 36 year old OEM engine mounts are shot. I have a set of OEM Toyota mounts with the brackets to replace them.

1). Would the existing mount-to-block bolts be seized by now? Don't want to snap a bolt.
2). Would it be easier to install the new mounts with the brackets vs. just the rubber engine mount part?

I can see the whole mount w/bracket might be easier as it's a v-shaped assy and should easily slip out. If the block bolts are not seized.
The mount only nut is in a tight spot inside both brackets and access could be limited. Plus would need more engine jacking up.

Thanks.

I think you are over analyzing this. Just bolt them up. Your existing bolts should come out fine. Reuse them.

Id say figuratively theres 0% chance those bolts will snap.

I bet it'd be easier to rattle off the 2 nuts holding the rubber to the block side and then undo the bolts holding it to the frame pad then cherry picker the engine up til you have enough room to do the re n re. Go in through the wheel well if you have to. I wouldnt touch the block mounts unless totally necessary but Im thinking theres more than enough room to lift the engine up to do what ya gotta do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom