1985 FJ60 Build Thread - Call her Tina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for the Corbeau seats what brackets did you use to install them? Did they change the height vs stock seats (and were you able to keep the rear heater under the passenger seat?

Gret looking rig BTW. I have the same wheels on mine (in black). Trail Tailor products are the bomb!
If I remember correctly, we ordered the bracket from Corbeau. It did not change the seated height and the passenger under seat heater was retained (and works).

The Corbeau’s were a definite step in the right direction making the 60 more drivable over longer distances. The OEM seats had all the cool factor, but my god they were uncomfortable.

If I remember correctly, we ordered the bracket from Corbeau. It did not change the seated height and the passenger under seat heater was retained (and works).

The Corbeau’s were a definite step in the right direction making the 60 more drivable over longer distances. The OEM seats had all the cool factor, but my god they were uncomfortable.
I've got BMW seats in my 60...and had thought of getting the Corbeaus for my 60 on order (going with BMW again). How do you like the 80 series axles and coil conversion? Having that added to my 60 as well by Jason.

I've got BMW seats in my 60...and had thought of getting the Corbeaus for my 60 on order (going with BMW again). How do you like the 80 series axles and coil conversion? Having that added to my 60 as well by Jason.
I just got back from Coal Creek Summit with Dixieland Cruisers and @Bama4door. The 80 series axles and suspension make Tina SO much more enjoyable to drive both on and off road. I’ve clocked about 1,400 miles post build (this phase) and it’s definitely the best yet.

Having a factory e-locker made all the difference in the world too. This was a real eye opening trip into how capable I’ve made Tina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom