SOLD 1984 FJ60 San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EDIT: Sold

Posted on CL for $7,000 but willing to negotiate.

sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/1984-toyota-fj60-landcruiser/6493428451.html

Documenting the truck: The Beast -- (Mis)Adventures of my 1984 FJ60

The short story— even if this truck is fully restored, it's not the kind of thing you can strap a car seat into and take a youngling out in. Runs great but not the truck I need for my family right now. Looking to sell this and get into a 3rd gen 4Runner.

Quick bullet points (copy/pasta'd from CL):
  • Smogs every two years, never had trouble passing. Not a 'tainted' VIN that needs annual smog.
  • Upholstery is in great shape, no rips or tears. Single large crack in the dash where they all do, right at the speaker.
  • I put down dynamat (Noico 50mil) throughout the interior, significantly cutting down on road noise and heat. Gaps sealed with foil tape.
  • Outside/RV carpet laid throughout the truck. Eventually I'd have liked to replace it with something closer to OEM, but for $20 it's good enough.
  • Warn 8274 mounted up front on solid steel bull bar. The winch works and can easily pull the truck free... if you can get it stuck.
  • No rust. It's beautifully clean underneath the truck. Doing work on this truck is a joy, 30+ year-old bolts come undone without needing a soak in PB Blaster.
  • I performed the 2WD LO mod.
  • Aluminum radiator <4 years old (previous owner)
  • Alternator <4 years old (previous owner)
  • Replaced brake master cylinder <2 years ago, rear drums turned, new front pads/rotors.
  • Replaced EGR valve March 2017. These are practically unobtanium, took some time to source the part.
  • New windshield in 2015
  • New smog pump and power steering pump in 2015.
  • Vacuum gauge installed in-cab, reads a perfect 18" Hg at idle.
  • New Costco battery in 2016
  • Air Conditioning works!
  • Original factory toolset is included!
  • New thermostat, thermostat bolts, and gasket
  • pfran LED kit interior
  • Rear brake lights and reverse lights are LEDs

Parts included (or, the projects a flesh-and-blood baby has kept me from performing):
  • Temperature gauge, to eliminate the guesswork that comes from the in-dash guess-o-meter
  • New OEM-style shackles and bushings
  • "New" used seat belts, they won't extend out.
  • CB radio needs to be hooked up
  • various other bits and bobs
Please ask questions. I want the truck to go to a good home and have the next caretaker be happy with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom