1984 fj60 lower radiator hardline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been working on a bastard case fj60 that was tore apart and not quite put together correct and I am in need of some assistance. I am not sure if this is the correct lower metal hardline it doesn't fit and has me thinking its not the correct one any help is appreciated
Thanks
Tommy

20200328_190152.jpg

20200328_190203.jpg

20200328_190245.jpg

It looks correct to me. You’re missing a hardline that bolts to the timing cover. Goes between the oil cooler and water pump (where your rubber hose is now). That could be interfering with fitment or possibly the length of the large hose off the WP. I believe the bracket should slide into the motor mount stud IIRC.

HTH

Last edited:
Maybe it doesn’t attach to the motor mount stud... Just looked at mine. Here are some pics. I must have not understood it either when we put it together back in 07. I’ll be replacing hoses soon so I look forward to what others have to say.

57F90931-F0DF-4918-81B3-072A75129A87.jpeg

790B177B-A6EA-49CB-8958-194CA9542D18.jpeg

731C2FD2-2F6B-42DC-A2A0-DB1716FA7EFF.jpeg

The arm of the hardline goes under the compressor bracket, not on top. The stud you see coming out of the compressor bracket pointing up is for the ground strap, not the hardline bracket. There is a bushing part that fits between the hardline arm and the bottom of the compressor bracket. If memory serves there is a stud that faces down either through the compressor mount or threads in from underneath it. I cannot recall now which it is but it seems like it threaded through the compressor bracket. I am not sure on that though. That's the stud the hardline bracket fits on. HTH

Last edited:
Thanks @Robert Franzke
That's correct I just held it there just before your reply. The previous mechanic had it hooked up with just a straight piece of hose.
Thanks Guys!

20200328_195338.jpg

20200328_195349.jpg

So now question for you. On yours is there a stud there under the compressor bracket? Does it indeed thread in from the bottom or through the top. With all that stuff out it should be easy to see. I can't tell from your photos.

So now question for you. On yours is there a stud there under the compressor bracket? Does it indeed thread in from the bottom or through the top. With all that stuff out it should be easy to see. I can't tell from your photos.
It does thread in from the bottom but it is broken no bushing there.

20200328_200802.jpg

20200328_200815.jpg

OK thanks. Yeah my bushing came apart as well. Need to get it replaced. Looking for a thread somewhere where someone told me the part number as its still available from Toyota if wanting to replace it. I'll post up if I find it.

OK thanks. Yeah my bushing came apart as well. Need to get it replaced. Looking for a thread somewhere where someone told me the part number as its still available from Toyota if wanting to replace it. I'll post up if I find it.
Wonder what Toyota called it probably nla lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom