27K mile 1984 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's one that is up for auction on BAT. It will be interesting to see how high this gets....
(not mine, and i have no interest in this sale, purely a spectator) But it looks like new...

mileage.jpg

Even at 27k the radio bezel is cracked. That is a beautiful truck, very interested to see what it sells for. Wild it’s at almost $52k with 6 days left.

Agree with @OSS - Something like this with super low miles that was never driven never had the lubricants moved around and likely has a bunch of dry seals and gaskets. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but hey ... I don't have the money for something like that anyway.

Agree with @OSS - Something like this with super low miles that was never driven never had the lubricants moved around and likely has a bunch of dry seals and gaskets. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but hey ... I don't have the money for something like that anyway.
So your options are a low mileage truck that will leak everywhere or a high mileage truck with original parts that will leak everywhere.

I’ll take the low mileage truck any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I bet if I found a NOS 40 year old cork side cover gasket and installed it it would work just fine. There’s a reason low mileage trucks bring big money and high mileage trucks don’t.

Quick things I can tell from browsing the photos.
The knuckles need to be rebuilt
The tailpipe has a hole in it
The shocks are aftermarket
Looks like it’s leaking from the rear main seal.

I still want it.

Last edited:
Has the fuel tank recall been done?
Because i don’t trust carfax etc. i want a statement of when and where it was done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom