Builds 1983 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also been busy all week trying to get some spare FJ40 stuff together that we need to sell and get rid of at the Land Cruiser meet in Nashville tomorrow. So me and my dad have been cleaning and washing up the old FJ to get her ready for the show. I have to say my 2 favorite 4x4s in the world are the FJ40s and 79-83 Toyota pickups. They just look so damn good.
20210410_191523.jpg

20210410_191548.jpg

20210410_191605.jpg

Last edited:
I eventually put an Arkay turbo on it with a Jaguar SU side draft carburetor. That truck pulled Parley's Canyon east out of Salt Lake City 65 miles an hour with a 7-foot cab-over camper on the back. The Turbo and exhaust manifold would glow orange when I crested the hill. It really screwed with guys' minds when I would blow by them pulling that hill. :lol:

I eventually put an Arkay turbo on it with a Jaguar SU side draft carburetor. That truck pulled Parley's Canyon east out of Salt Lake City 65 miles an hour with a 7-foot cab-over camper on the back. The Turbo and exhaust manifold would glow orange when I crested the hill. It really screwed with guys' minds when I would blow by them pulling that hill. :lol:
Yeah that is pretty good, I can only imagine. Very rarely do you get passed on the highway by one of these pickups lol. Do you still have your 80 pickup? I love the idea of turbos but they always seem like such a pain to tune correctly and keep running 100%. I've yet to acquire the patience to deal with boosting anything yet. Just tuning my 2016 tacoma makes me wanna pull my hair out. I saw a really nice trekker that someone swapped in a Tacoma 5VZ-FE V6 with a factory trd supercharger, and it's really tempting me to consider it on my 1983 build. I think superchargers are easier and more up my alley.

I traded that truck in in the late fall of 1983 to get a then brand spanking new 1984 SR5 XtraCab 4WD truck.
I later traded the 84 off to buy the second Cummins Dodge Ram 4WD truck sold in the state of Utah. That was November 1988. I still have the Dodge truck today

20170316_161101.jpg

Here it is in the current configuration. It was originally a standard cab. I converted it to a crew cab in 2000. Dodge never built a crew cab Cummins D body and never built a 4WD D body crew cab with an 8 foot bed. It is literally one-of-one.

View attachment 2641632
Here it is in the current configuration. It was originally a standard cab. I converted it to a crew cab in 2000. Dodge never built a crew cab Cummins D body and never built a 4WD D body with an 8 foot bed. It is literally one-of-one.
So I take it that you don't miss the 2 pickups since you Still have that dodge today and all the custom work you put into it to make it one of a kind. That is a damn good looking dodge sir. How many miles have you put on it in this time?

140,000 plus or minus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom