1983 head valves needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here know where i can get a complete set of valves, springs and reatainers for a 1983 fj60. I only see intake valves online. Another guy on facebook has valves from a 3f engine. Will 3f valves work on a 2f headm

Rockauto has ITM valves (Taiwan) that local machine shop that does a lot of 2F builds says are good quality.

ITM springs too.

Keepers are out of stock at RA, but I see some on ebay.

3F valves will work in a LATE 2F 61040 head (mfg > 4/85) but don't know about an '83.

I think Toyota valves are still available from the dealer, but not sure now.

Reactions: OSS
If you're going through that effort you might want to consider upgrading to Chevy small block valves. They are slightly larger and also made from stainless steel which will provide better ability to deal with heat.

Anyone here know where i can get a complete set of valves, springs and reatainers for a 1983 fj60. I only see intake valves online. Another guy on facebook has valves from a 3f engine. Will 3f valves work on a 2f headm

Easy off is not good for aluminum.

Valves have an anti-rust coating from the factory

Easy off is not good for aluminum.

Valves have an anti-rust coating from the factory
Correct , I see at eBay and some websites brand new aftermarket valve colored like chrome & unfortunately customers buy them because of good looking 😄 personally I don’t install any aftermarket engine parts because if it’s failed for sure it will damage the other good parts at the engine & will make the loose increase a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom