For Sale 1983 FJ60 Lifted w/ Fairey Overdrive (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've decided it's time to put up the 60 for sale and thought here and CL would be best. I'd like for it to go to someone who appreciates them and can get the use I had envisioned out of it. I bought it bone stock out of Salem, OR after looking at 5 others. The main difference between mine and most unrestored 60's is the lack of rust and the Fairey Overdrive. I have never seen another 60 with one. It is located in Yuma Arizona and I want 8000 for it. My number is 503-807-7577 if you have any questions. Thank you for looking! The following is my ad from CL:

Up for sale is my 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. It has 160k miles. I have had it for a couple of years now and have decided I want another Land Cruiser. It has a very straight body with very little rust. The truck runs amazing and shifts as it should. It has the VERY rare factory option of a Fairey Overdrive unit. It is part of the transfer case that you can shift into Overdrive and lets you run down the highway at lower RPM’s. I have never seen another FJ60 with this option. From those I talk to who know a lot about these it is almost impossible to find one. It has factory A/C that is ICE COLD!!! I just installed a brand new Compressor and Receiver/Dryer unit, and retrofitted R134a refrigerant. The four wheel drive system works great and is bulletproof! I had both driveshafts rebuilt with new U joints and balanced. The frame and suspension are in great working order with no issues. The truck was repainted before I bought it and it is pretty decent, but by no means perfect. There is some fading on the hood. It has minor scratches, but no major dents or damage anywhere. The interior is fantastic and in great shape. The driver’s seat has had a patch sewn where there was a little wear, but it was done professionally and looks great. The carpet has some minor stains here and there but overall is very clean. The headliner needs replaced, due to a section in the back. As far as a list of things I have done, here you go:

-Old Man Emu Heavy Duty 2.5 lift for rear
-4 Plus Springs front
-5 BF Goodrich A/T 33x10.5x15 tires
-5 Pro Comp custom backspaced 15 x 8 wheels
-Bilstein 5150 shocks front
-4 Plus Shackle Reversal Kit for front
-Man-A-Fre U Bolt Flip Kit for front
-Caster Correction shims for front
-Extended Stainless Steel brake lines all around
-Extended axle breather lines
-Lengthened front driveshaft (double Cardan)
-New brake rotors, pads, calipers rebuilt
-New Rear brake shoes
-New Water Pump
-New Thermostat
-New Fan Clutch
-New Coolant Lines
-New Belts
-New A/C Compressor
-New A/C Receiver/Dryer
-New A/C O-rings
-A/C System flushed and fill with R134a
-Newer Battery
-HID Headlamps
-H4 Conversion Headlamp Housings
-New OEM Toyota Trans Shift Knob
-New OEM Toyota T/Case Shift Knob
-New OEM Toyota Australian Side Mirrors

That is about it for what I have done while having it. I built it to sit absolutely level and have the most articulation possible. It just floats going down the road and does amazing off road, but has never been abused. Once again, it has been very good to me and I have enjoyed owning it and getting thumbs up everywhere I go. It isn’t a perfect restored Land Cruiser, but for the price it is a good value for a lot of work. Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Please respond by calling, my number is 5O3-8O7-7577.

8k OBO

Here is the link to the Flikr pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64847493@N04/sets/72157633075523220/

Here is my CL ad:
http://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/3700259856.html

I will upload more pics if I can figure out how to :doh:

Beautiful 60 and great pictures!!! I don't suspect this will last it is very tastefully done. Nice work and GLWS!

man thats nice! Glws

Thanks guys, I have had a great time turning this into a fun vehicle! Too bad I didn't get around to doing bumpers and a winch:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom