1982 BJ42 Re-Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good point. However the front seats are pretty toast in the 60. I had a guy in Nanaimo re-do the vinyl one in my 42 and he did a great job! Glad I did that vs. installing cloth ones.. Cloth in a 40 series sounds so wrong.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1431135726.154107.jpg

Nice

Thanks! He did a great job and found a good match colour wise. Only trouble is that now my driver seat base looks nicer than all the other vinyl..

I have a guy in Campbell River who will do my two front seats for around 700.00 including new foam padding. Back jump seats should be cheap to do. I have to get the frames powder coated out in Cedar, south Nanaimo before I get that done though.

Woaaahhh the guy did my seat for $100.. I'll get you his name; he's in the Cassidy area of Nanaimo. I live near the powder coater in cedar, actually. He's expensive but does good work.

Here's a question: any good sources for a fiberglass hardtop? My steel one is showing its age and it seems my patches always make it look worse than it was before. I would assume aluminum is an Aqualu offering, but the Aqualu price point makes me sad.

Messed around with the truck today.. Working on my camping trailer hitch rack for the jerry can, storage bin and backup/camping light and got the jack-all set in the aluminum bracket I made. I've had surgery quite recently and I'm finding the nice weather dangerously tempting, but I can't lift much at all so things to do are limited unfortunately. I'm thinking about swapping the weird angel eye light for an LED square pod one. Sucks that they are so expensive.
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG

Messed around with the truck today.. Working on my camping trailer hitch rack for the jerry can, storage bin and backup/camping light and got the jack-all set in the aluminum bracket I made. I've had surgery quite recently and I'm finding the nice weather dangerously tempting, but I can't lift much at all so things to do are limited unfortunately. I'm thinking about swapping the weird angel eye light for an LED square pod one. Sucks that they are so expensive. View attachment 1076057 View attachment 1076058 View attachment 1076060 View attachment 1076061

Great looking cruiser!:beer:

Thanks! :)

Been trying to work out the heaters in this thing. Front heater produces a bit of heat, the rear nothing at all. I burped the whole system twice and have seen mild improvement in the front heater but still nothing in the rear. I'm assuming that there is air in there somewhere.. If only there was a bleed screw somewhere! The heater pipes get hot up until the heater and the valve is stuck open... Any insights would be appreciated!

A hose could be plugged it a copper pipe pinched. Hard to tell under the insulation.

Very hard to tell indeed. Letting my truck sit overnight somehow made the front heater work perfectly (must have self bled a bit). The rear heater is still out of commission.. I cleaned the rear heater out, and since my heater valve is stuck on the truck puked a lot of coolant on the ground before I could plug the pipes, so they're obviously clear. There must be an air bubble in there somewhere.

Air bubble? Or could the rear heater core be plugged?

Don

I cleared the rear heater out before installing it and it seemed to flow fine. I tried to prime the heater as well, but I suspect there is still a bubble in there somewhere. I re-bled the system trying to get it out to no avail.. Oh well! At least the rear fan works now.

This weekends project and craigslist score. I'm restoring the factory tool kit that I found in the back of my parts 60. Pretty rad! Toyota tool bag, tire wrench, jack, etc. Very awesome.

Also, scored brand new factory service manuals for $50.. Very stoked on this. Got the chassis manual AND the 3B manual which basically details the complete assembly of the engine with torque specs and all. I looked for these a while ago and was only able to find the 3B one, which was going for $160 or something like that. If anyone needs anything from either book, feel free to send me a message and I'll take pictures from the manual and send what you need.
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

Cool books.

No greasy fingers, 'K?

:)

Cool books.

No greasy fingers, 'K?

:)

Hahaha, I'll do what I can! I don't want to mess these up.. Don't know where I'd find another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom