1981 Pick-up Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can’t keep motivated to stay in front of the computer with this nice weather. Main pieces done. Thanks for the nudge @FJCRAWLER

E3185FA5-40CD-4F56-B5DB-D3AD5FD69FF3.jpeg

Speaking of key. Did you ever attach your ignition key to the steering column so it doesn’t get lost when you roll it over.

Speaking of key. Did you ever attach your ignition key to the steering column so it doesn’t get lost when you roll it over.

Not yet but I’ll add it to the list. They’ve definitely been rolling around in the floorboards a few times. As long as I don’t hook em to my wallet, I should be able to find them.

Finally got the tow rig serviced and now she’s rolling coal again. For those considering doing injectors, it was really pretty easy but just time consuming. The valve cover bolts and getting the glow plug connectors on were the hardest part. Definitely worth taking it on as it’ll save you $1,000-1,500 in labor.

This was a great go-by

921D81CF-95BD-4289-AA2F-A74054DC77F2.jpeg

geez, everyone goin coal but me. good job. gots me a plan workin though.

geez, everyone goin coal but me. good job. gots me a plan workin though.

Excited to see what you end up with. I really liked towing with the tundra but couldn’t keep taking the work truck and the gas mileage sucked. Figured I’d be half way to a set of one tons when the diesel blows up.

For all you 1st gen owners, I wanted to replace my radiator and was having trouble finding one that indicated it was a direct fit. Ended up going with a CSF all metal copper-brass 3 row. I went with model CSF-2314 which is spec’d for later model 22r and 22res. Ordered it from Summit

Bolted right up, fits in the frame rails, and doesn’t interfere with the hood which are issues listed on the web. Only thing that didn’t fit was stock radiator cap.

2D87C849-AE03-42A2-8F43-F71690D98226.jpeg

F4F54DF7-3D03-42CB-8622-C80646DD3C60.jpeg
74428D9B-5BF7-43A4-90F5-4CEB3707C912.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice sir. When is the first official trip of 2021 slated for?

Very nice sir. When is the first official trip of 2021 slated for?
Not sure. I’ve got a pile of Xmas goodies to install. Hopefully Feb depending on weather. You coming?

More updates to come on Monday when boxes start arriving.

Not sure. I’ve got a pile of Xmas goodies to install. Hopefully Feb depending on weather. You coming?

Hope too. If the shop gets my headers on so I can install my hitch. Trailer is supposed to be ready in a couple weeks. So hopefully we'll be able to make something soon.

Details on this crossmember, and your rollover?
As @TeddyBoy alluded too, that may or may not have been associated with over consumption of cold beverages coupled with poor driving skills. We flipped it back over and kept wheeling though.

Went with a Front Range crossmember that mounts to the back of the tcase. I think there are some previous posts with pics. @FJCRAWLER just like to talk trash.

Hell yeah, you been a good boy and Brown Santa loaded up his truck with some goodies for you.

And tell me about it. Just wait til it starts reproducing. My money pit has spawned at least 2 new money pits that were not on the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom