1981 Pick-up Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He's on the corner working those nets for propane money!

@tgreco you got anymore pics of them sexy fish net links?
I’m doing such a s***ty job, I’ve been hesitant to take too many pics. I thought I was decent at math before I went down the worm hole only to find out I’m a dumb ass. It’s coming along but I’m nervous to burn it all in.

14E53012-3072-4EE9-971F-751FF6439111.jpeg

That’s pretty impressive dude. Did you shorten the wheel base or is it just the angle of the picture?

Be a good time for rear disc brake upgrade too..

Looks good and don’t worry about math, it’s way over rated.

I’m doing such a s***ty job, I’ve been hesitant to take too many pics. I thought I was decent at math before I went down the worm hole only to find out I’m a dumb ass. It’s coming along but I’m nervous to burn it all in.

View attachment 2817478
Ain't scared to chop the rig in half tho 😂

Nice progress 👍

let this be a lesson to you all. If you don't want to cut your rig in half dont look for frame rot! :flipoff2:

That’s pretty impressive dude. Did you shorten the wheel base or is it just the angle of the picture?

Be a good time for rear disc brake upgrade too..

Looks good and don’t worry about math, it’s way over rated.
Lengthened slightly but based on advise left a little room if I link the front so WB doesn’t get too long. It’s set up now at 110”. They always say pics make everything look shorter.

Cutting the frame took a while to get comfortable with. Need to cut it more but didn’t want to get too crazy right off the bat.

Disc brakes are on the list. Just need to get to John’s so the crew can finish it for me. Garage time is nonexistent lately.

Flattish belly is also in the works.

DEC1A464-3E39-49B2-8EC5-9CB634AB3180.jpeg

Flattish belly is also in the works.
I like my rig like I like my women.... With a flattish belly.
The reality is I'll probably have better odds with trucks these days.

Trying to make progress. Tons of little things left to do but I feel like I’ve crested the hill. And don’t worry about the clutter, I know where every tool is, except the one I need :hillbilly:

804D4B13-77FD-4CCF-A82C-84CF58CBB755.jpeg

Lookin good Tony

@tgreco, I’m curious how the tubing bender works mounted to the loose 4x4’s?
Ha! Better than I thought it would. I didn’t have concrete anchors at the time so I improvised. For the first part of the bend I have to leverage off of them with my foot and then the second part I leverage off the tube but it’s actually working pretty well.

Might do it all this way to avoid the holes in my pad :flipoff2:

77190DA0-8DF6-4F5A-B4FE-01D9DB915688.jpeg

And this is the reason for all of this.

63E06200-5C2D-4B64-BB80-80D890F385E3.jpeg

3EAB2C6F-E29C-4276-B6A1-569B3006DB7E.jpeg

Starting to get some forward momentum. Got the main tubes done for the back. Little worried about the weight hanging off the back but I think it’ll be fine. Gonna continue to reenforce strategically but not go overboard. Tried/trying to avoid butt welds as much as possible.

A8A9E672-013D-482F-9E40-63BF675D572A.jpeg

6D85FC83-ECC0-4155-A7CD-70C1F87402CE.jpeg

6F978771-7571-465B-A78D-D652EA389B82.jpeg

Looking nice. I like the direction you're going. What weight you talking about? Rear looks pretty nice and tight. You want some over the rear axle to help keep it on the ground. At least you don't have a big Ole piggie hamhock hanging out back. #notbobbed

@tgreco here a short YouTube video to help you with the weight hanging off the back and butt welds.
I hope it gives you a clear vision and guidanc.

I forgot to mention @jynx commented on your rear end. “Looks nice and tight”:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom