1981 Pick-up Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hell yeah, you been a good boy and Brown Santa loaded up his truck with some goodies for you.

And tell me about it. Just wait til it starts reproducing. My money pit has spawned at least 2 new money pits that were not on the radar.

I've always wondered how you fund your ADD :flipoff2:. I feel you though, if I have nothing to do I get bored and grumpy and browse the web looking for something to spend money on so I'll have something to do. If you do show to a ride, remind me to bring you all the spare mini truck parts I've got cluttering up my garage.

I've always wondered how you fund your ADD :flipoff2:. I feel you though, if I have nothing to do I get bored and grumpy and browse the web looking for something to spend money on so I'll have something to do. If you do show to a ride, remind me to bring you all the spare mini truck parts I've got cluttering up my garage.
I'm parts poor and I buy old junk for cheap and then I squirrel away sh!t for years to "fix" them up. the latest one definitely spiraled much faster than I think either of us expected. We had (this is the key word) a budget for the rig, but had no idea all of the ancillary things that would go with it... We stayed in the rig budget, but blew the trailer budget real fast, you know since there wasn't one.

As far as rides, since I am in the poor house getting ready to wheel, I am damn sure going to make as many trips as I reasonably can this year, so I am sure we will cross paths at some point.

Can't wait to see the full hydro setup. you going in front of the axle of behind?

I'm parts poor and I buy old junk for cheap and then I squirrel away sh!t for years to "fix" them up. the latest one definitely spiraled much faster than I think either of us expected. We had (this is the key word) a budget for the rig, but had no idea all of the ancillary things that would go with it... We stayed in the rig budget, but blew the trailer budget real fast, you know since there wasn't one.

As far as rides, since I am in the poor house getting ready to wheel, I am damn sure going to make as many trips as I reasonably can this year, so I am sure we will cross paths at some point.

Can't wait to see the full hydro setup. you going in front of the axle of behind?
You’re a much better planner than me. Me and budgets never work well together. Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.

Going in front of the axle to hopefully keep new parts and fabrication to a minimum. The leaf springs seem to be the primary obstacle but the tie rods seem to clear ok. Linked front end would definitely make packaging easier. Spent a little more for hopefully high quality parts. All the power steering pump issues that some have and others don’t scared me a little. It does seem like hose routing and reservoir placement is a huge factor in pump longevity.

The only thing that sucks is that all these nice new shiny parts are going to get grimy as s*** because of the sieve that is called my 22R.

Spent a little more for hopefully high quality parts. All the power steering pump issues that some have and others does scared me a little. It does seem like hose routing and reservoir placement is a huge factor in pump longevity.

The only thing that sucks is @TeddyBoy, and that all these nice new shiny parts are going to get grimy as s*** because of the sieve that is called my 22R.
Wait what?
Are you saying someones junk is junk?
That's just not nice.

@jynx looking like a early March trip may be in the works to AOP. Hopefully it doesn't rain between now and then, so it's just moderately wet.

@jynx looking like a early March trip may be in the works to AOP. Hopefully it doesn't rain between now and then, so it's just moderately wet.

Picking up the trailer this weekend, so this could be a good first trip. Keep me in the loop and we will put it on the schedule tentatively

Picking up the trailer this weekend, so this could be a good first trip. Keep me in the loop and we will put it on the schedule tentatively
next ride is already in the works though not yet set in stone. We left it off with an AOP run for the 1st weekend i march but like said that's subject to change.

next ride is already in the works though not yet set in stone. We left it off with an AOP run for the 1st weekend i march but like said that's subject to change.
You best have both your trucks fixed by then!

The WarPig just needs to be strapped down and gassed up. It came ready to rock. Transportation has been our issue, but that should be sorted tomorrow.

Edit: Just realized you were talking about the tater and tater cannon or whatever he is calling his shortbus project...

Last edited:
The WarPig just needs to be strapped down and gassed up. It came ready to rock. Transportation has been our issue, but that should be sorted tomorrow.

Edit: Just realized you were talking about the tater and tater cannon or whatever he is calling his shortbus project...
I was but I think we all have some work to get done. Nothing like a trip to get you motivated.

Got a decent but done today. Ended up modifying an old Bud Built transfer case skid I had from my single case days. Got most of it tacked together. Still have to beef it up some more but it think it’s pretty well aligned.

2988507F-6793-4480-A0DA-920E677427AF.jpeg

The WarRig is about ready to roll out.

20210123_172203.jpg

Headers go on next week and I need to take care of a few more PM items on Bumble.

Sorry for the hijackish.

lol, will see. According to Swamps the IDM was shot so new one on its way, should (xing fingers) fix the issue! F**k, I've learned more about 7.3s in the last 2 months than I ever wanted to know but you've already heard the sob story.

Crawler still sitting on trailer broke as s***, 1 money pit at a time right now but I'll play winch bitch.

Nice @jynx , hard to miss that one!

That should hold it. Looking good sir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom