Builds 1980 Agent Orange (4x4 Short Bed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOVE this truck - and what you're doing with it! You can NOT post enough pics.

Pretty sure the trucks got similar wheels but never with tabs for hubcaps. I sourced the NOS FJ40 wheels for my '84 from Toyota.
1980 trucks came stock (not an option) with steelies and caps that were identical to FJ40s (AFAIK) except steelies were white instead of gray. Had 1980 PU ... wish I hadn't sold it. Only year with 4.375:1 gears, drove nice with 31s, very peppy. 1984 and '85 came with steelies too, but without clips for caps, and still white instead of gray. Had one of each of those years too, both also long gone ... along with my hair and youth. Sigh.

And SMG, beautiful work, thanks for sharing. Didn't know that about the 1986 steering boxes. Learn something every day!

Reactions: SMG
Glad I only said "pretty sure"... 'cause I was wrong!

@Dedtruk, my '84 had those white steelies without the caps when I bought it. They were so rusty, they looked like flakey biscuits.
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 3.41.20 PM.jpeg

Glad I only said "pretty sure"... 'cause I was wrong!

@Dedtruk, my '84 had those white steelies without the caps when I bought it. They were so rusty, they looked like flakey biscuits.
View attachment 2854081
Manhattan, you're breakin' my heart, man. So much like my '85, rust and all. Sniff, such good times. Thanks for posting up.

SMG, this is an inspiring thread. This is my old girl, my dad bought it in 1984 when I was 12. He passed when I was 24, and it's been mine since. I drove it for many adventures through my younger years until it got second tier status.. I started a rebuild about a dozen years ago with body work (living by the beach is a bitch on these old girls), another kid, a house, and all the rest came along and it's been waiting patiently for it's time. Now, it's time. Thanks for the inspiration, and attention to detail.

20211228_193707.jpg

PM Sent
Would like to some information on some part numbers for some parts you used on your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom