For Sale 1978 FJ40 Las Vegas, NV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come to sell my buddy. I will be focussing on my business and have will have no time to enjoy it.

Diego is currently in Las Vegas, NV in the Henderson area.

I purchased Diego in the hills of San Diego a little more than 4 years ago. It was an amazing journey of discovery along the way. I wanted to do a restoration close to OEM as possible. I find it rewarding to drive a truck as it was meant to be driven.

The entire body and parts were dismantled and hand sanded, painted and installed. Every piece of the original truck was restored if it was able to. The remaining parts were purchased as new Toyota parts and there are only a handful of aftermarket parts.

I wanted a daily driver and thats what i built. I take it on dirt roads for a trial run and in between. Trips to LA and San Diego were very fun.
The work was done by yours truly (an OCD perfectionist). Any work that was out of my league (big engine work and what not was done by qualified professionals.

I have receipts for every single thing that is related to this truck.

I never installed the heater. (i have 99% of the parts painted and ready to install) It was always hot here in Vegas so no ned for me. The hard top side pieces are painted the same color as the body with ambulance doors. I have 80% of what is needed to complete assembly, including a drip rail kit from BostonFJ. Always loved driving with or without doors, and i didn't finish as i kept getting busier.

ENGINE:
following parts have been replace:
-OEM 4 core radiator and cap
-all radiator hoses and clamps
-upper thermostat housing and thermostat
-distributor
-spark plugs and wires
-starter
-rebuilt original carb
-air filter
-intake hose
-HEI igniter bypass
-fuel pump
-fuel filter
-fuel tank and all lines and clamps
-fuel sensor
-oil cap
-all smog lines
-brake master cylinder
-all belts
-adjusted all valves
-new exhaust and muffler
-endless amounts of nuts, bolts and hardware

BODY:
-all body panels hand sanded and painted by California Auto Body Las Vegas, NV
-interior and some exterior parts were soda blasted here locally and also painted by the shop above.
(THESE GUYS WERE AWESOME! THEY DID AN AMZING JOB)
-original mirrors and arms installed with windshield mount set as well
-front and rear seats covered with new custom OEM replica covers.
-front aftermarket floor mats (the OEM mat is very illusive ha)
-rear HD rubber mat
-half rear gate
-custom new glass in both front doors
-all new door hardware and trim
-tuffy box base

all of the paint was meticulously matched to original samples.

following painted with Sherwin Williams base coat-clear coat
-wheels OEM grey
-all OEM silver flake pieces
-OEM sky blue

-all black pieces painting in single stage gloss black.

-Yokahama Geolander tires all the way around. They have about 15k on em. They are pristine and are covered for their lifetime by Discount Tire.

These were all the big things that i can think of. If i listed everything, we would be here all day. If you have any questions just drop me a line and we can discuss. You can also check out the build from the link in my signature line.

I have decide to list this with (Bring a Trailer) please check there in the near future for their offering. This may take some time.

Thanks for looking! If you enjoy this rig half as much as i did... you will be the happiest person in the world. :steer:

Take care and thanks for looking. (the pictures were all taken with a yesteryear retro look to them)

-paul

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday in person. It was amazing.... best of luck with the sale!

That is beautiful, glws!

Looks great - can you post a few non edited pics to depict the true color? Looks dark blue/green in these but I assume this is light blue as in your avatar pic?

Beautiful rig, but bummed the firewall does not match. That's the worst part of a repaint thats not the oem color, but again very nice.

Beautiful rig!

Thanks zornff-

It bothered me for 5 min, but I made a decision to leave the motor in because I wanted to drive it. In my situation it would have added 6 months and much more money to the project. Just a personally decision.

-p

Beautiful rig, but bummed the firewall does not match. That's the worst part of a repaint thats not the oem color, but again very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom