1978 FJ40 Instrument Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! I was changing the burnt out bulbs in my instrument cluster. Before I started all the Gauges worked and both turn signals. When I put it back together the fuel gauge and the amp gauge are not responding and the turn signals are not blinking on the cluster but I can hear the audible blinking and the external blinkers are flashing. When I started I forgot to disconnect the battery and I got alittle arc when the amp connectors came close to metal. As to the amp gauge not sure I put the correct wire on the right pole. I put white wire with blue stripe to negative and plain white to positive. Also my stereo stopped working...help

Uh oh. Your ammeter connections are right. Check the fusible link at the battery and see if it burned in two. It may not be obvious so check for continuity from both ends if you know how. Also check the fuses at the fuse box, especially the heater one. Does the heater blower fan come on when you pull the switch? It's on the same circuit as the oil, water and fuel gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom