Wanted 1978-1980 B engine water pump . FOUND ONE. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Title says it all folks. Looking for a B model engine water pump with Fan Clutch mounting capabilities. Year model 1978-1980 B model engine. Looking for a new one if you know where I can get one. Discontinued from SOR. But for reference it is their part number 054-024F-1B-2

Thanks much folks.

FOUND ONE. Thanks folks.

Last edited:
I bought a brand new Aisin unit... installed it and realized the engine was swapped for a newer 3B with power steering. So, the pump pulley was different and incompatible. You'll need a new gasket though. Let me know if you're interested. I'm just looking to cover some of the costs of the correct pump.

I bought a brand new Aisin unit... installed it and realized the engine was swapped for a newer 3B with power steering. So, the pump pulley was different and incompatible. You'll need a new gasket though. Let me know if you're interested. I'm just looking to cover some of the costs of the correct pump.

I am very interested. It is the one for a B model engine with a fan clutch though correct ? Difference is it is not as long and the bolting flange for where the pulley is , is bigger.

It’s for an early 3B. I’ll take a measure of the depth from the base (mating surface to the block) to the pulley mount of the water pump and post the details here. I’ll be near the truck tomorrow and provide an update at that time w/pictures. If the depth is a match, we can work something out from there.

When you get to it tomorrow please see if it looks like number 1 or 2. I need the one in picture 2. It does not have that extra piece off of the left side that picture one has which is for a 3B motor.

Thanks

20180108_124739.jpg

20180108_124725.jpg

Measuring from the face of the cylinder head face to the face of the pulley flange is about 11.75 cm. Here’s a picture of the pump:

75C41B34-0394-4DF0-A637-79B34C0DF077.jpeg

That is the later model one. On the left on yours there it has another outlet built into it where the one I need just has a hose connection.

Thanks though.

I see what you’re talking about. There’s a hex plug there on the one I have. Is it feasible to remove the plug and replace it with an outlet pipe?

It has an opening on the backside that goes to the block .

Nope. The they have there are used without fan clutch. Height and mounting pattern are different for where the pulley mounts.

Not that one either.

I ended up taking his apart and a new one from a older B model engine and made it work.

Thanks much everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom