For Sale 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 (Mint & Original) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking to sell my FJ55 for $21,000. It is in exceptional condition. 99% original with only 44,000 original miles. I am the 2nd owner and have had it since about 1990. It has been garaged its entire life as you can see from its paint. It has very minimal rust behind the front wheel wells. It has the original engine and runs great as you would expect from an engine with only 44,000 miles. It is located in New Mexico. The only work I have ever had to do to it was battery and tires. I did change out the radio. I had someone who does restorations on Land Cruisers tell me that it is the best original he has ever seem. I have a lot of other pictures.
DSC_2357 (800x532).jpg
DSC_2354 - Copy (800x532).jpg
DSC_2358 (640x426).jpg

Last edited:
My favorite Pig color combo. I saw one on Bainbridge Island a couple years ago that looked this nice, at least from a distance. The fender flares aren't stock, correct?

I assume the fender flairs are original but am not sure. I have had it since about 1990. They were on it when I bought it. I guess the original owner might have added them.

Wow, I'm in agreement with the gang. What a time capsule.

I've sent a PM requesting more photos and a contact number. I'm currently in Afghanistan but would like to try to get together on this. You know, to keep it in the family as was suggested.

Education

I've contacted the owner of this pig, Myrle, and he was kind enough to provide me a link to more photos. These have raised a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help with.

I've owned 2 55's, both 77 models, and both of them had black interiors. Anyone know when the 55's went black to gray or if they did, like the 40's?

I noticed the rust on the front fender appears to be rusting in a perfect "square" the shape of a patch.

The front seat is covered in something blue, the back seat cover has a bunch of slack around the sides of the seat bottom, as thought it too was recovered.

The one photo of the rocker panel seems to show a rectangular primer spot from a previous repaint. Presumably from masking tape.

I agree the pig is nice and could easily be a 44K truck based on the condition of the interior overall, dash, instrument panel, etc.

Has anyone seen this truck in person? Your help with the interior color education is appreciated. Anyone else see anything odd in the photos that I missed?

Thanks,

Diggin' the VW gas pedal pad.

NICE!

Can you share the link to pics?
I see most of what you are questioning in the pics in this thread, but might be nice to see others.
I don't know enough about the stock interiors to comment--was the original vinyl smooth like 40s or have the diamond tooth like this rig? I wouldn't be surprised if they have been recovered just because the vinyl could easily have dried out and cracked.

I thought the rust on that front fender was a bit strange, too. Usually it starts as a smaller round spot. Maybe he can provide a pic from the backside and see if it is a patch. If so, a respray is a safe assumption.

I don't see the primer you are referring to on the rocker, unless it is the lower edge of the rocker and fenders? Seems to be white or gray on the lower edge, but I can't tell.

It looks like an amazing rig. For that kind of money, he should be willing to provide pics of any area you want.

I've contacted the owner of this pig, Myrle, and he was kind enough to provide me a link to more photos. These have raised a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help with.

I've owned 2 55's, both 77 models, and both of them had black interiors. Anyone know when the 55's went black to gray or if they did, like the 40's?

I noticed the rust on the front fender appears to be rusting in a perfect "square" the shape of a patch.

The front seat is covered in something blue, the back seat cover has a bunch of slack around the sides of the seat bottom, as thought it too was recovered.

The one photo of the rocker panel seems to show a rectangular primer spot from a previous repaint. Presumably from masking tape.

I agree the pig is nice and could easily be a 44K truck based on the condition of the interior overall, dash, instrument panel, etc.

Has anyone seen this truck in person? Your help with the interior color education is appreciated. Anyone else see anything odd in the photos that I missed?

Thanks,

There are many things that are neither "Mint" nor "Original"... (unless he means original to the era not the factory)

It does look patched on the quarter...There are damage issues here and there and the black fender flares are NOT original, likely JC Whitney from long, long ago.

Having said that though, the paint does LOOK original and it obviously is a very low mile, great condition truck considering the condition of the rest of the 55's in the world.

Most of the interior looks OEM, seats do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom