craigslist 1976 FJ40 Green Survivor - Cheap with some engine and rust issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine-

$12,500

---------------------------------------------------
Very cool Cruiser.

Mechanically it has newer shocks, steering stabilizer, fuel pump, fuel filter, starter, alternator, thermostat, plugs and wires, rod bearing for #1 cylinder, oil pan gasket, and fluids for diffs and transfer case. Runs and drives good. Not a speed machine but gets around town just fine. Has a slight knock when starting but goes away in a few seconds. Also, has five speed conversion and correct 2F in-line six cylinder.

In the interior it has new floor insulation up front along with new matting, dash pad cover, correct shifter knobs, and all new door seals. Seats could use new covers or reupholstered. Price goes up if this is done.

Outside it has newer quarter patch panels and sill that were welded in to fix rust. Also, various areas where rust and minor damage were repaired. Decided to leave patina on the rest of the body. The frame and undercarriage are in very good condition. Looks cool and gets a lot of attention.

Price is firm and is a cash sale. These FJ40 cruisers are hard to find at this price especially with very limited rust and in good driving condition.

00h0h_7NTeB6gYlLpz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_dpTgVXLsO1Az_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_8iak4sha6hiz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_eIxu9DCyvn5z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_67qTLhJXCc0z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

more

00Y0Y_cgbgq9W9riuz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01212_6GARzQldfJez_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01414_g4lR9i4p5w7z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Look closely. All the usual rust areas look newly sprayed. They said rust was repaired, but look under it carefully. Engine knock?

Post up how it goes. Looks pretty cool if its been repaired right. Take a compression tester. Good luck!

The ad says the noise goes away after a few seconds. My guess is lifter noise before oil pressure comes up? The long term dream is a R2.8. But not this year.

I'm hoping it's accurately advertised. I've been wanting an fj for a while. This seems like the right scale of project for my budget.

Pretty cool find.
The rear back bottom seal appears to be repaired and a 5 speed.
Looks like the cruiser has had an interesting life. I hope it works out for you. If it does post up a thread I’d be interested to see more on this cruiser. Something seems interesting about it. Maybe the writing on the motor or paint on the motor side.

Pretty cool find.
The rear back bottom seal appears to be repaired and a 5 speed.
Looks like the cruiser has had an interesting life. I hope it works out for you. If it does post up a thread I’d be interested to see more on this cruiser. Something seems interesting about it. Maybe the writing on the motor or paint on the motor side.

I'm local, like 5 mins from home and drive by this cruiser every single day local. If someone wants eyes on it or specific pics I'd be happy to help out. If we hadn't just jumped in on a new home I'd be on this one myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom