1976 carb bracket identification help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just getting around to getting my 40 running. One of the previous owners was using a Weber and msd ignition which I have since removed. I’ve rebuilt the original carb but not sure about the brackets. The one I have on the carb now seems like the original based on pics I’ve looked at but what about the other one?? They look like they go in the same slot

C96B4D3A-8074-49E6-B4B5-EA4A4EB9428C.jpeg

76 would have originally came with rod linkage, which is the bracket seperate from the carb
the bracket attached to the carb is for cable linkage

what are you doing for the throttle linkage will determine which bracket to use.

Thanks 3 puppies. I believe it has cable now and was planning on staying with that until I go to an Efi setup.

The one loose on the table would be the original. But the one you have on the carb would be the one you need to run that carb with cable linkage.

The one on the carb was specific to the '73 model year. I installed one of those brackets in my '71 FJ40, along with a new custom cable assembly from @Downey. I'm going to use a '76 air cleaner, so the vertical loop on the original throttle cable would have interfered with the air cleaner. I bought a carb spacer from City Racer to adapt the '76 air cleaner to the '71 carburetor.

So the original one was for rod linkage- standard on a 76? Most of the original parts were with the truck but I didn’t see any of the rod linkages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom