1976 Brake Booster OEM Check Valve (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I've got what appears to be a Dorman check valve and grommets (2) on my OEM booster but cannot locate a repair for the failed grommets. They fall out of the hole in the BB and I'm having to use gasket maker to keep it in place. I can't even find a source for the original parts for some reason. See photo below of my problematic setup, followed by what I thought was the Dorman model they used on my truck. The larger grommet ended up being too large to fit in my booster. Any suggestions or guidance on finding an OEM valve and grommet?

Screenshot_20240128-193925_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240128-194136_Photos.jpg

Thank you. The valve itself is not available anywhere. Do you know if another Toyota check valve will fit?

I have seen check valve 44730-28010 (metal, not plastic) mentioned but not verified as a correct replacement dimensionally or functionally. It typically costs around $40 at the dealer, the same as the earlier plastic one. Specter (SOR) has something that looks very similar for about double that price (used ones around $40). Kurt Williams (Cruiser Teq) may offer this as well, and a phone call might get you the correct fitment answer.

If you do find out the correct replacement and a reliable source, please post your answer here for folks searching an answer in the future.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom