1969 FJ40 Clutch Slave Cylinder (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My clutch slave cylinder is leaking, I was doing some shopping on the internet and I can't find the Aisin replacement for my year--is it discontinued? I did see an aftermarket one made by Dorman--would that be acceptable? Thanks in advance for your input/advice. Martin

Your specific slave cylinder, flexible hose, steel line from the master cylinder to the hose and the master cylinder were discontinued by Toyota a long time ago now.

SOR and others offer a kit to update that clutch hydraulic system to newer, more common and available components.

Unless you have a museum piece, update the system and dont worry about it for another 20 years.

:beer:

looks like SOR sells the slave cylinder without the rod--I have the rod on my complete unit---am looking to keep it original.

looks like SOR sells the slave cylinder without the rod--I have the rod on my complete unit---am looking to keep it original.

i would NOT use a Dorman sourced part on your 1969 FST , Martin these are Pep Boyz Quality level parts ..........

i suggest contacting Kurt @cruiseroutfit www.cruiseroutfitters.com

he is a AISIN dealer , this is a OEM parts maker in japan

it looks like he stocks a application for your 69

Also replace the Clutch Master Cylinder at the Same time , and your Rubber Slave Flex hose , upgrade to stainless steel reinforced mesh type if u can

CSN60021N.jpg

Clutch Slave Cylinder - $37.50
High Quality Aftermarket (3/4" Bore & 11x1.25mm Hose Fitting)
(Fits 1958-7/70 FJ40)
Part# CSN60021N

Picture Coming Soon
Clutch Slave Cylinder - $37.50 (CALL)
AISIN High Quality Japanese cylinder
(Fits 69'-8/74' FJ55)
Part# CSN60030N

Aisin-Seiki-logo-300x90.jpg

You can send your original cylinder out and have it sleeved in stainless or brass.

i did what poser said years ago i upgraded my older 40s to the later model slave and master pretty much a bolt in since i had several newer rebuild kits laying around

i would NOT use a Dorman sourced part on your 1969 FST , Martin these are Pep Boyz Quality level parts ..........

i suggest contacting Kurt @cruiseroutfit www.cruiseroutfitters.com

he is a AISIN dealer , this is a OEM parts maker in japan

it looks like he stocks a application for your 69

Also replace the Clutch Master Cylinder at the Same time , and your Rubber Slave Flex hose , upgrade to stainless steel reinforced mesh type if u can

CSN60021N.jpg

Clutch Slave Cylinder -
$37.50
High Quality Aftermarket (3/4" Bore & 11x1.25mm Hose Fitting)
(Fits 1958-7/70 FJ40)
Part# CSN60021N

Picture Coming Soon
Clutch Slave Cylinder -
$37.50 (CALL)
AISIN High Quality Japanese cylinder
(Fits 69'-8/74' FJ55)
Part# CSN60030N

View attachment 1856173
Thanks Matt— I just spoke with Brice at Cruiser Outfitters—he got me set up:)

in the mean time martin , go to your Local Dealer and pick up 2 of these for your New Hydraulics
Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder install u will be doing this coming Weekend

cbe778455b818da7658467276a9ec5cf.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom