IH 1968 Scout 800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Trying to get an idea of how much my Scout might be worth because I might want to sell if it is worth it.

1968 Scout 800
Registered in CA until Jan 2021
Runs and drives (daily driver)
26K original miles
Original International V8
Electric cooling fans
4 spd transmission (not sure but its from a chevrolet, Dad put in when he owned it)
Power steering from Scout II
Sprung over on 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain
Disc brakes all around
Original hard top
Full rollcage that fits under hard top
Aftermarket seats with harness (sun damaged)
Interior is painted with floor liner
Has rear seat with seatbelts
Aftermarket front bumper with winch and offroad lights
All wiring had been replaced about 10y ago

BADS:
windshield wipers do not work
radio does not work
fuel tanks replaced but filler neck not shortened to correct length
tires are old and cracked
body has quite a bit of dents and dings from offroading
body is primed, not painted
needs a new headlight switch
taillights not currently working

My dad bought it when it was still completely stock. We put a lot of time and money into it to get it to be what it is now. Unfortunately it doesn't get to do a lot of wheelin anymore so it has just become a daily driver from A to B. It still is a great vehicle, starts every time and it will go anywhere you point it. In the 15+ years its been with my dad and I it has never gotten stuck anywhere whether in mud, sand, snow, or even driving up rivers. Its got a lot of memories in it but it may be time to let it go. Please let me know what you think about it, or how much it may be worth.

scout.jpg

scout2.jpg

scout3.jpg

I’m not good at putting value on IH rigs in condition like yours, I’m used to rigs that need a lot of tlc. Seems like a good rig. What area are you in?

here you can see all the auctions and what stuff sold and if you click on the dots it will open the auction and you can see how your truck compares in condition. If I had to guess I'd say yours is somewhere in the $5k to $10k range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom