Wanted 1968 Fan Shroud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

navydivedoc

SILVER Star
Threads
Gathering parts for the refresh. Looks like I need a fan shroud. Anyone have one out there that needs a home?

i-6NXZk63-M.jpg

What's the difference between the years?

What's the difference between the years?
I'm hoping the experts will join in and let us know. I have no idea. F145 engine in mine, old school metal fan is maybe smaller diameter than later plastic? I'd actually like to upgrade to a clutch and plastic fan if possible (@wngrog has done it twice now, but on 2Fs) so bigger and maybe later would be better?
@Pigeaten , @bobm , others have thoughts?

Last edited:
I've got this:
I'm assuming you want to sell them as a package. My radiator is in good shape, and I'd be afraid your's would get damaged in transit. Not that a spare is a bad thing...let me keep it in mind and see if anything else is out there. I also can't tell from the pics if the mounting is the same. Thanks.

Last edited:
Very much appreciated. Long ride to Boise from NH!
Yeah I get it, if you can’t find something closer then we’ll figure something out with the one I have here. It’s been sandblasted and epoxy primed ready to paint.

Yeah I get it, if you can’t find something closer then we’ll figure something out with the one I have here. It’s been sandblasted and epoxy primed ready to paint.
Home Depot TV Box
One of these TV/pictures boxes would probably work. I just took a bunch to the dump, still digging out from my final Navy move.

Gathering parts for the refresh. Looks like I need a fan shroud. Anyone have one out there that needs a home?

i-6NXZk63-M.jpg

IIRCC my early 1970 55 didn't have one, all it had was the plate soldered to the top of the rad just like yours in the pic.
if it had a fan shroud there would have been no need for the plate on top of the rad.

Last edited:
Interesting. It's reasonably cool here in NH, and I don't plan on tasking the truck too hard. Maybe I'll just see how she does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom