Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta couple questions for the lv guru's....

The pic above this post there is a pic of 3 dash lights. Are the 2 on the left that are red in color the lights for the dash turn signals? I believe they are since I have 2 of them and they look the same, where the one on the left is green and designed different?

Stock exhaust, where does it run and come out?

Parking brake cable, stock on is to short now, I thought I heard FJ60 cable would do the trick?

Not lv related, but what is the stock size of a radio opening, I thought 7" x 2" or 7" x 2.25"? Maybe neither?

Thanks, Matt

Matt I believe I am right ? the two red lights are the turn indicator the green with the bakelite nut was the F.D. indicator light similar to the one in my 66 fj40 but mine was broken when I tried to remove it for my resto. YOUR project is inspiration ! GREAT WORK :grinpimp: JC

Dusty 66 said:
Matt I believe I am right ? the two red lights are the turn indicator the green with the bakelite nut was the F.D. indicator light similar to the one in my 66 fj40 but mine was broken when I tried to remove it for my resto. YOUR project is inspiration ! GREAT WORK :grinpimp: JC

Thanks, that's what I figured, but wanted to make sure.

I figure Treeroot's going to whip out the microfische on the exhaust here pretty soon. :D

Matt

The red lights went on either side of the dash cluster for the
turn signals. Green went above the FD vacuum control knob.
Since you are using a later cluster, you can use the turn signal
indicators in the cluster and use the red dash lamps for brake warning
lamp or somthing else....

About 8 hours in on the lv today. Pretty much started out the day re-assembling parts.

Got the speedo head back together, parking brake assembly. Started assembling stuff all over the dash. I think the pics say it all. Got the column in along with the shafts and U joints to saginaw box.

Hoping that the weather cooperates sometime this week or next weekend. Cold and clear, I would like to trailer it about 60 miles to the guy I want to do the exhaust. I have to order some other misc. parts tomorrow, but it is entirely possible that I may, and stress the word may...a running cruiser that could move under it's own power in about 2 to 3 weeks, maybe ;)

Anyway, pics.

Matt
Mvc-004s.jpg
Mvc-006s.jpg
Mvc-001s.jpg

more
Mvc-002s.jpg
Mvc-007s.jpg
Mvc-008s.jpg

more 2
Mvc-009s.jpg
Mvc-010s.jpg
Mvc-011s.jpg

more 3
Mvc-012s.jpg
Mvc-014s.jpg
Mvc-015s.jpg

more 4
Mvc-016s.jpg
Mvc-017s.jpg
Mvc-018s.jpg

last 2
Mvc-019s.jpg
Mvc-020s.jpg

hard to believed

i've been following the thread since start up......because I have a hard time believed on some thing.....

I do believed that your work is more than awsome and execeptional......And you have done it praticly all yourself.......

But what I have a hard time believing is how the Hail do you us the swallow the fact taht your building this truck for your wife........be honest..lets have it....this truck is like a bowling ball from fred flintstone to wilma.....isn'it

congrats on the work.......a lot of profesional shop can envy you with the quality of work!

frenchman said:
i've been following the thread since start up......because I have a hard time believed on some thing.....

I do believed that your work is more than awsome and execeptional......And you have done it praticly all yourself.......

But what I have a hard time believing is how the Hail do you us the swallow the fact taht your building this truck for your wife........be honest..lets have it....this truck is like a bowling ball from fred flintstone to wilma.....isn'it

congrats on the work.......a lot of profesional shop can envy you with the quality of work!

I'm not saying I'm never going to drive it, but she will be most of the time :) I've already got my FJ40 and enjoy driving that daily, I can't drive them both at once.

I'm still hoping I find a reasonably price 45lwb, that's the one I want to drive ;p

Matt

Matt, How is it that the further you get on your LV, the worse mine becomes. Wierd! Keep it up, I'm hoping at some point it will inspire me. Right now it makes me feel like one big, lazy, no talent fool.

I would like to trailer it about 60 miles to the guy I want to do the exhaust

You are much braver than I am. I would never let that thing out of the tempature controlled glass display I would build around it. :D Seriously though I also hope the weather coperates it is suppose to get rather cold the further into the week we get and hopefully not much wind and snow when you decide to do this. Looks great. I just can not get over this. 2 to 3 weeks and a running cruiser :bounce: What am I going to do when you complete this in a couple months. :confused: Maybe I will have to start on my own junk. :idea: Na by that time I will be driving it all the time.....:flamingo:

cruiserwanted said:
You are much braver than I am. I would never let that thing out of the tempature controlled glass display I would build around it. :D Seriously though I also hope the weather coperates it is suppose to get rather cold the further into the week we get and hopefully not much wind and snow when you decide to do this. Looks great. I just can not get over this. 2 to 3 weeks and a running cruiser :bounce: What am I going to do when you complete this in a couple months. :confused: Maybe I will have to start on my own junk. :idea: Na by that time I will be driving it all the time.....:flamingo:

Is there life apart from this thread? I dont want it to end either, but this wagon will be bad A$$ and I can hardly wait to see it finished.

Another reason I don't want this thread to end is because if you buy a 45LWB, then I will have to buy one too.

Matt, is there a reason why your compressor is on top of your door area?

cruiserwanted said:

Just got off the phone with the muffler shop that I want to do the work. Wed. morning, 8 am. So, plan on loading it up....again....Tuesday night, head out about 6:30 am, take my time, should easily be there at 8 am. It will probably take him about 4 hours to do the work. He's going from 2" center dumps, making his own custom cross over pipe, into 2.5" or 3" pipe and out the rear.

Should be fairly straight forward. I also got off the phone with Summit about an hour ago. I worked up a parts list last night and ordered today. Radiator hoses, tranny cooler, other misc. hoses, steering wheel, adapters..etc...

Basicly more junk I need to get it running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom