Builds 1963 FJ45LP SWB Fixed Top "Sweet Simplicity" (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Race ya with mine🤣
A6910F10-289B-4389-BC94-DC292EC69ABC.jpeg

Might be a fair race through the sage brush 😆.

You fit in that and not a fixed top 45?😛

Gettin’ there.
IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG
IMG_2868.JPG

That‘s in.
IMG_2871.JPG

So’s the tank with felt pads.
IMG_2872.JPG
IMG_2874.JPG

Revs to 2k. Time to shift 😂.

Lookin good!

Fence post fender pole vaulting isn’t a good outcome.
IMG_2879.JPG

Was stressed that there goes my nice rig 😂 but looking at that bondo makes me want to pole vault the whole rig. 👿 Friken bondo, so everything looks smooth and skookum at the coffee shop. Crap.

Last edited:
I have a nice rust free fender from a 68, if you want to replace it. Shipping might be a bit spendy.

Thanks @whitey45. I’m going to try and straighten it and weld up the cracks. The paint is not original so I’m not too worried spray bombing it after the fixes. I think after relieving the stress in the crease at the top it should straighten reasonably well. It’s still solid now so this “fix” will probably be done later after I’m done running stuff to the cows.

It’s one of Matt’s @ToyotaMatt repop plugs, they can be put in place from under the cab.

Last edited:
Latest inspector checkin’ things out
A5D7832C-DF9F-4BB0-97A8-C2E77585C9BF.jpeg

Getting the hood to look like the rest. Fair amount of original Seminole Red still there, and a fair amount not.
IMG_2884.JPG

There‘s been a few stray spots of that yellow paint scattered around, even on the dash. I’ve left it mostly out of curiosity, not sure at what level it is at in the overall paint scheme, or even purpose. But after uncovering this larger area I’m now guessing that it is a second paint job, some sort of yellow color. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for any old posts/photos of early 45’s with yellow paint in trying to trace this rig’s history. Anyone know of a YELLOW ‘63 FJ45 SWB fixed top, or care to admit they knew of one? 😂

So that’s 6 layers of paint: 1) original red oxide primer, 2) original gray fill primer, 3) original Seminole Red paint, 4) 2nd painting yellow (don’t see anything primer related to that painting), 5) 3rd painting brown primer, and 6) 3rd painting blue-green paint. Bondo layers not counted.

Thought about making a new VIN tag with all 6 paints in the paint code just to confuse the hell out of future archeologists 😂.

Last edited:
We’ll remind you 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom