1978 FJ45LP Restoration, Getting Started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone!

New to the forum and new to the FJ Chassis. I have been given the opportunity to resurrect this FJ45, and am looking forward to getting it back into shape. At this point I've finished the tear-down, and am starting to delve into the major things that need to be addressed. It's quite apparent that the harsh salty winters of the north have taken their toll, and we're left with a frame that is far past it's usability

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

The owner would like to keep with an original FJ45 frame, but the big question is are there any out there? Starting the search has brought up the availability of new recreated frames, which may end up being the option, but that also adds the complication of getting it street legal with that frame. Does anyone have any leads on where I could find a used frame, or have any experience with using a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I did some measuring to verify the frame was correct to the factory manual and also found some slight differences in the body mount locations. It's nothing wild, but I'm curious as to why they are different than the book. I notice the rear side bed mounts have four locations on the frame, but it only shows two in the book. Any insight?

IMG_6039.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom