1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what is the advantage of having the oil fill on the valve cover?

Monsoon season is coming. Getting prepared.

20190719_184448.jpg
20190719_191041.jpg

not sure if you have all the early parts you need, however last I checked, DVAP had a 1962 FJ40 that looked pretty clean.

Please elaborate on the missing parts?

Thanks for the tip on the 62. Will have to check it out.

Gotcha. I may head down there next weekend to check it out.
I called and talked with DVAP this morning about it.

Looks great, Jack.

Could you explain a bit what all you did? It appears you cut the mounting rims off the fronts of 2 old lamps, and then cut the solid backs off 2 other lamps, and welded the mounting rims where the backs used to be? Where did the 2 red lenses come from?

Thanks.

So Jack if I get you a couple sets of then turn signal housings you can make a second set? This would be for a 68.

Clever, smart, well executed... as usual!

Even though it pretty toasty in the garage this time of year, I am trying to get a bunch of stuff done on this Cruiser. I am planning to take it to a car show in Prescott in a few weeks. The show has been going on for 45 years and is held at a beautiful setting.....Watson Lake.

Besides the car show, swap meet, cars for sale, and normal stuff, they also have an area for antique engines and machinery, tractors, crawlers, and hit miss type stuff. Pretty cool.

here's show info:

I got my early style thermostat housing today. This will go with the F135 valve cover I modded. I also picked up a set of new u bolts. All the leaf springs on this truck are rusted solid. I was hoping they would free up after driving and flexing, but no dice. I got another set of springs so I will mix and match were needed to free up the suspension. Plus a knuckle rebuild will happen soon too. I guess I better get to work.:banana:

20190726_170437.jpg
20190726_170430.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom