Wanted 17670-61010 Air bypass valve 1/75 - 1/79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dissected an ABV VALVE when 14 were found inoperative. If they had a screw cap over the diaphragm end, possibly a rebuild could work. What’s missing in this lay-out is the rubber washer in the middle of the bypass push pull rod.View attachment 3162573View attachment 3162573
This is majorly cool John. Seriously, major cool. Would you consider starting a tech thread on it, so it will be more readily searchable for the community, rather than buried in a classified ad?
Once again, it seems that a source of frustration for @dmaddox can become a net benefit for the community.😊

I just tried a search on the general forums catagory, and this wanted ad comes right up. I searched “ABV valve”.

Side note - (and incredibly difficult for us group of jokers to keep our minds out of the gutter), when you hook up a line to the ABV and suck on it - how much vacuum we talkin? Man...I'm dying typing this....I'm just wondering if (and luckily I didn't toss any in the trash) we are not testing with enough vacuum.

Side note - (and incredibly difficult for us group of jokers to keep our minds out of the gutter), when you hook up a line to the ABV and suck on it - how much vacuum we talkin? Man...I'm dying typing this....I'm just wondering if (and luckily I didn't toss any in the trash) we are not testing with enough vacuum.
Quoted FTR that YOU started this!

Based on your build thread it's obvious that the PO pegged you for...a first-class sucker!😛

Last edited:
For Fed Spec it is manifold vacuum on deceleration, upon deceleration, that opens to divert air pump air to atmosphere.

Air Injection 1978 2F Emissions_2024-02-10_170532.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom