Wanted 17670-61010 Air bypass valve 1/75 - 1/79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1666927846752.jpeg

If you haven’t located one by Monday, tag me on this thread and I’ll grab my box to take in to work Tuesday.

@65swb45 The ABV provided ended up being bunk, but I couldn't pass up a free shot at a potentially good one.

I tried to give you a call this afternoon. If/when time permits let me know if there is a solid unit in the litter. No rush, I'm nowhere near needing it. The good thing is, it's small and easy to ship to the other side of the planet.

Still looking - my guess is @65swb45 is digging into it. I left a voicemail. I'll be patient.

On a side note I was bummed to find out that many are garbage....a few "sort of" work, but wheeze and lose vacuum....and one in 20 will hold a vacuum and actuate allowing the air to "bypass".
Haven’t located the box yet.🤦🏻

Sorry, I have given up on finding the box. It will show up when it wants to. You have no idea how often this happens. I have parts from over a thousand Landcruisers, and a 1900 sq’ shop, two shipping containers, two garages, etc. I once had a box disappea for four years. Another time, 8. 🤷🏻

Never thought the hardest part to find on this restoration would be the Air Bypass Valve "ABV". I have been through 7 of them, none work.

I have applied vacuum to all of them...the best of them "sort of" work....the plunger will go down about 1/8" and then wheeze back up.

I wonder if there is a way to rebuild these. That would be very cool. Not that there is a market outside of California or restoration people like myself. Even with CA, as long as it is "there" you pass...right?

Even as of today....I have received two "scam" offers from users that join mud:

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.02.23 AM.png

I couldn't resist. I emailed from a spam email I have to enquire.

"Yes, I has item, how much offer? I ship fast."

My response: "You kind to has item. I send bundles of cash for item. I make you so rich. How much for item to send fast?"

You think I'm making this up, but I'm copy and pasting from email.

His response: "I can accept PayPal as friends and family so as to fasten the shipment, shipping will be made tomorrow and I will send you the tracking number".

I noticed this morning the conversation is gone.

The hunt continues......

😂😛😡 No one emoji to sum that up Dallas. It just makes me wonder how the MUD demographic is continuing to shift, with less member postings, and more lurkers, trolls and scammers. ☹️

This is awesome. Can you imagine if that cap screwed off? In what manuals I have (and I think I have every 1978 Toyota publication), there is not a test, but I need to dig deeper. How much vacuum is required to actuate this valve? How are you testing them?

I wonder if we are missing something @pardion ? Are we testing with enough vacuum? That diaphragm in the top of your valve looks good.

I learned that info long enough ago to have forgotten already. But I believe your hunch is correct: high vacuum is required. IOW, It feels more like a guess at this point, but I think it was/is something like 19”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom