14-Jun accident on Rte 7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ace10

Another one bites the dust!
Threads
There was a bad (really bad) one car accident yesterday around noon on Rte 7 between Rte 9 and Rte 704, which would sort of be in Hamilton.

Wrecked vehicle was a 2nd Gen 4Runner. Flipped and rolled. I tried to get around the scene as quickly as possible to help traffic control on the westbound side of Rte 7, as the wreck was in a terrible blind spot. There were quite a few good samaritans (and ******* looky loos) already gathered.

Hoping it wasn't anyone here or anyone's F&F. The 4Runner was pancaked. And I do mean pancaked. Resting upside down on hood and mid point of D pillar. It was light colored.

Anyway, it was one of those scenes which kind of shake you up a bit. I tried to mentally dissect the wreck afterward and couldn't even sort through which direction the rig was originally traveling.

There are accidents every day in that area. And most of them (IMO) happen because of the combination cell phones, a paved shoulder no wider than perhaps one foot and a severe drop off the pavement to the gravel shoulder. Drop a wheel or two, and you will lose it if your reaction is to yank the steering wheel to get back on the paved surface.

Be careful out there. Driving is a serious responsibility.

Last edited:
There was a bad (really bad) one car accident yesterday around noon on Rte 7 between Rte 9 and Rte 704, which would sort of be in Hamilton.

Wrecked vehicle was a 2nd Gen 4Runner. Flipped and rolled. I tried to get around the scene as quickly as possible to help traffic control on the westbound side of Rte 7, as the wreck was in a terrible blind spot. There were quite a few good samaritans (and ******* looky loos) already gathered.

Hoping it wasn't anyone here or anyone's F&F. The 4Runner was pancaked. And I do mean pancaked. Resting upside down on hood and mid point of D pillar. It was light colored.

Anyway, it was one of those scenes which kind of shake you up a bit. I tried to mentally dissect the wreck afterward and couldn't even sort through which direction the rig was originally traveling.

There are accidents every day in that area. And most of them (IMO) happen because of the combination cell phones, a paved shoulder no wider than perhaps one foot and a severe drop off the pavement to the gravel shoulder. Drop a wheel or two, and you will lose it if your reaction is to yank the steering wheel to get back on the paved surface.

That's how I flipped my dad's Supra back in the day... No cell phones tho.

And most of them (IMO) happen because of the combination cell phones, a paved shoulder no wider than perhaps one foot and a severe drop off the pavement to the gravel shoulder.

[snip]

Entirely too much distracted driving these days. I see SO many near accidents merely because someone isn't paying attention. Add in someone else not paying attention, road conditions, or other factors and it quickly becomes a real accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom