14 bolt - 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At the office I've had enough free time to scratch up a design for a beadlock, I have a few requests for quotes out now, but probably won't order them for a little while till I have more funds available. I'll post up a picture of the design. I really like the metal wheels used on the european portal axled trucks, it's part of the design influence.

17" rims are actually 18.5", the very inside of the bead of the wheel measure 17", the design is for 1/4" steel inner and 3/8" aluminum outer, 35 bolts, with hex pockets for flanged nuts, which will allow nuts to be easily replaced if needed, and no wrench needed inside the wheel to tighten the bolts up.

dodge bl.JPG

I got one quote back so far at about $580 local, I'm hoping for a bit lower options.

The design is for 8mm bolts, most aftermarket DIY use either 5/16" or 3/8". 8mm is in the middle, and I have more bolts in the design than most aftermaket at this size. Looking at using countersunk torx head.

Edit, I plan to use these hub centric spacers, will post how they fit.

4pieces/lots 108/113/112 to 106/67.1 mm Hub Centric Rings OD=108/113mm ID= 106/67.1mm Aluminium Wheel hub rings Free Shipping-in Tire Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
Really like the drive flange idea. I bought a conversion flange for my aam but it was super pricey. And now just sits in my tool box.

Front superduty driveshafts mate up with the Toyota CV's very well..

I could probably go for some sort of hybrid driveshaft from ford or GM parts, and it would probably be stronger, but I'll likely try to reuse my 80's and then do CV shafts shortly after. I'll point the diffs at the t-case, both my driveshafts are almost pooched, slop in the splined sections, I need rebuilt driveshafts at some point, but based on budget I'll have to compromise where possible to move forward.

I grabbed some more gas for the torch this morning, I'll hopefully get all the cutting finished including brackets by end of next week and be able to start tacking new brackets on the axles. Gonna go with high steer on the SD60 as well.

No, the tube size is very similar. You use the slip portion of the SD shaft to the LC tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom