13b 13bt difference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried a bit of googling but am finding it hard to get answers.
long story short I have 2 3b engines I am yet to open up but one is locked solid and the other had a suspected dropped valve.
I have come across a 13b engine that has been opened up, apparently something went through it, there is a small mark on one piston and the bore sleeve but apparently the head looks ok.

I have a turbo and manifold off one of my 3b’s,

questions are
It was a 13b, what difference apart from the turbo to a 13bt?

instead of replacing a bore sleeve could I use a 3b block?

cheers, Matt

The 1 in front of the 3 indicates that the engine is direct injection vs IDI.

So a 13B will be a normally aspirated engine with direct injection whereas the 13B-T will be the same with turbo.

I cannot say for sure whether a 3B block could be used. It might work.

I mean more is there an internal difference with say compression ratio between turbo and non turbo 13b’s

Some of the info on the "B" series motor page on Wikipedia is incorrect, incomplete, or needs to be updated.

Turbo is almost always lower compression than n/a. Usually different pistons, rods, etc. Try checking ToyoDIY for part numbers and compare.

I mean more is there an internal difference with say compression ratio between turbo and non turbo 13b’s

I think the 13B will have thicker crank than a 3B. The conrods are also much beefier than the 3B. There was a video on youtube but I cant find it.

1609877873093.png

So, do you guys know if you can use a 3B block but change all internals and head from a 14B or 15B? Cheers

1609877873093.png

So, do you guys know if you can use a 3B block but change all internals and head from a 14B or 15B? Cheers
No you can't, their bores are different. You could use a 13BT though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom