12v Bluetooth audio system? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fyton2v

SILVER Star
Threads
Happy holidays! Has anyone installed a decent bluetooth receiver with a built-in amp that can drive a couple of speakers? The off-road world has these systems, which can bolt into a UTV. Something like this:

headless stereo

Anyway, a radio is a mostly unnecessary accessory these days since most useful radio and music can happen through a cell phone. I'm thinking this would be easy to mount behind the dash (and not damage any metal) and I could wire up a couple of speakers that can attach to the roll bars. Some of you must have done this already. Can anyone recommend a product?

Thanks.

Happy holidays! Has anyone installed a decent bluetooth receiver with a built-in amp that can drive a couple of speakers? The off-road world has these systems, which can bolt into a UTV. Something like this:

headless stereo

Anyway, a radio is a mostly unnecessary accessory these days since most useful radio and music can happen through a cell phone. I'm thinking this would be easy to mount behind the dash (and not damage any metal) and I could wire up a couple of speakers that can attach to the roll bars. Some of you must have done this already. Can anyone recommend a product?

Thanks.
Looks like a great option. On one hand I appreciate the simplicity… but my sound tech routes would want some form of equalizer in a unit I bought. I’m sure there are apps for that, but I’d rather have it as part of the amp.

Be an excellent option for restored rigs. In other markets there are a pair of speakers under the front dash. I believe I’ve seen a couple threads with speakers hidden under the dash or seats. I realize “hiding” speakers will compromise sound quality… but they are much less likely to grow legs and walk.

I think this is the best option for 40's currently...

Ok. That is pretty cool.

Not much of an audiophile but I used this Bluetooth speaker. First it fit perfectly in the radio hole, but I moved it around and eventually ended using Velcro on the dash nearest me and it works great. It’s plugged to charger on cig lighter so remains charged. Hard to beat on price and portability.

1640833180746.png

This isn’t for the audiophiles, but it works without a top and 35” mt’s for me. I have a MegaBoom 3 and a Boom. They’re water/dust proof and don’t drain the truck battery when I’m parked somewhere. They come in & out of the truck and give pretty good sound. My kid takes it to the skatepark, so they’re tough. Best part is they link together so you can listen to multiple speakers at once. I’m thinking of getting the big one and mounting with some sort of quick release.

That ^^.

I had picked up the small bluetooth module to hide in the dash and some speaker pods to try to mount somewhere...but then I ran into someone with the Hyperboom at an outdoor sporting event. Those sound really good for a luggable box - they run two "subwoofers" and two mains.

It fits just right in the small well behind the drivers' seat, and the battery life is crazy long, like over 20h. I may eventually run a 12V to it, but the charger cord is an odd size/shape and the battery life makes is less of an issue. It has remote power on from my phone, so no need to reach behind the seat every time, either.

My rig is pretty original, so it was a nice option vs getting mediocre sound from small speakers tucked away. The added perk is that it's also useful while parked (no battery drain), in the garage, in the boat, etc.

I got mine as a refurb, which helped a bit on price.

PXL_20211230_151450510.MP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom