<-- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe a military star on the hood and some random insubordinate numbers on the quarter panel and she'll be minty. Although the picture kinda sucks.

I'm pretty sure they call that a 100 foot paint job. Love it! Exactly the way I'd do it! Good from a hundred feet.

Last edited:
Maybe a military star on the hood and some random insubordinate numbers on the quarter panel and she'll be minty. Although the picture kinda sucks.

I'm pretty sure they call that a 100 foot paint job. Love it! Exactly the way I'd do it! Good from a hundred feet.
Haha depends how your eyes are, I think it's more like 15-20 feet 🤣

Either way, better than the scabby mess it was a week ago.

Haha depends how your eyes are, I think it's more like 15-20 feet 🤣

Either way, better than the scabby mess it was a week ago.
20 ft @ 20 mph. Just the way a cruiser should look. None of this supper shiny paint that'll never leave the blacktop.

I could have spent 10x more, but I'll still be cutting and pasting chunks into this truck once or twice a year for as long as I drive it. As it is I'm under 200 bucks including a new spray gun :lol:

This is good enough for me. I don't give much value to paint jobs.

Although, it's actually pretty close to the Toyota cement grey I was thinking of using while I still was considering automotive paint.

Plus you know how it is with paint. While it's still all masked off the flaws are all you see. Once it's back in driving form you never look at it. :meh:

I'll have a good look today with a flashlight to see if it needs another coat, but I think I got it in 1.

Last edited:
see if it needs another coat
Who am I kidding, that was never gonna happen 🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20231204_181114729.jpg

And yes I intentionally left the roof dent because I think it's hilarious

IMG_20231204_101458.gif

Who am I kidding, that was never gonna happen 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 3498633

And yes I intentionally left the roof dent because I think it's hilarious

View attachment 3498635

Looks great in this picture. I like it. It's a practical paint job that you could scratch down an alder lined road and not wince much about, haha. I think it's an improvement over what it was without a doubt, and will seal out the brine for that much longer.

It's not bad. Actually a lot less dust and orange peel in it than I expected. My 40s have always been tremclad other than mootard.

Maybe I'd still have it if I'd tremcladded it too🤣

At a litre and a half to do the whole truck, it's no biggie to resquirt a side. Preferably in summer next time...

At least I'll have these for next time.

PXL_20231204_183203015.jpg

Rooted around in my emblem sack. Actually found a pair of these with the grommets to hold them on.

PXL_20231204_182835404.jpg

Hmm. Might have to do this.

PXL_20231204_185638011.jpg

Side bonus, now it only says turbo on the truck on the seats and tach.

Not 6 times on the exterior...🤣

Much better pictures. So it is a 20 footer.

40s weren't much more than a 20 footer when they were new. They weren't made to have 3 coats of base and 2 of clear... they were essentially a reliable tractor.

Don't know if that was the case for 80s... I think they were a tad prettier when new.

In case you needed further proof to never buy a truck in the rain...:lol:

View attachment 3500181

I always laugh at owner used car advertisement photos where they've just exited a car wash, are still at the gas station and car is dripping wet. Haha.

Pumps are pretty darn cool inside. I’ve been inside a rotary but not a “p” pump yet.

Edit. I have been inside a 2 cylinder Perkins in a sailboat once. Unsuccessful at reviving her. Plungers were seized.

Last edited:
******* you Mr T for forcing me to build this monstrosity. 😒

PXL_20240121_205322290.jpg

5-4 wire/24/12v trailer converter in case you wondered.

Yes it needs tidying up but I ran out of connectors and I need my trailer tomorrow morning. So it got the black tape treatment lol

Plus, the need for a nap has superceded the desire to make this prettier. I'm off for 2 weeks as of this morning so I'll tidy it up this week. Trailer needs new lights anyway.

I'm thinking that little battery would power 12v led trailer lights for a month if needed. We'll see. It'll do for tomorrow at least.

Funny, 3 years later the LHD swap strikes again...the turn signals were backwards 🤣🤣

Have you been driving for three years this way? I highly doubt it?

Have you been driving for three years this way? I highly doubt it?
Haha no the reverse turn signals were just the trailer wiring. I put that thing together years ago.

I didn't reinstall thing back in when I switched sides.

Think I'll put a 4pin plug in so I can unplug the relays so they aren't clicking away black there on the 364 days of the year I don't use the trailer.

Haha no the reverse turn signals were just the trailer wiring. I put that thing together years ago.

I didn't reinstall thing back in when I switched sides.

Think I'll put a 4pin plug in so I can unplug the relays so they aren't clicking away black there on the 364 days of the year I don't use the trailer.
Ya probably a good idea, one of my relays died and got stuck drawing some power even whether vehicle was off, whoever wired mine didn't have an ignition cut off....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom