12 V power outlet

• Thread starter landtoy80
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
landtoy80

landtoy80

I am going to wire into the power seat and install a 12V outlet. Will I need to add a fuse or will the fuse for the power seat work?
kurt

SeanAndHis80

SeanAndHis80

If you are wiring into the power seat circuit your electrical device will be protected up to the amperage of the circuit that the power seats are on. ...sorry no manual at hand to tell you what that circuit is rated at. An extra fuse of lower amperage would protect your electrical device more than the circuit would by it's existing fuse.

When I do this mod, I will run a new wire from the fusebox, or even the battery to the outlet. Max amperage can only be achieved this way.

Gumby

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
The seats have a pretty high amp fuse. I run my inverter off of that power source all of the time and it holds up very well. In fact, it was the inverter that made me install the outlets there. It would blow the lighter fuse.

landtoy80

landtoy80

I will plug in the laptop and the aircompressor (not at same time)into that outlet.
kurt

CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Depending on the air compressor I would just get some battery clips and clip it directly to the battery when you need to inflate the tires. No risk of burning any wires, or blowing any fuses.

landtoy80

landtoy80

I have a set of those. I will see if I can reach around to all tires with the compressor. Great idea, thanks ;)
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom