Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will roll up this weekend and give a report back, will be nice to go in town vs having to stop at the edge of town like we did last weekend. We'll make sure to see Shane(Wyman Hotel)........

Have you hit up the Olde Schoolhouse Cafe place yet? It's on 550 just south of Purgatory. BEST pizza I've had in Colorado.

Eagerly awaiting confirmation so I can book an RV.

What's their cancellation policy on the RV? Reason I ask, is that now that the restrictions on camping have been removed, they are going to start booking up fast. Waiting a few days might mean no availability.

What's their cancellation policy on the RV? Reason I ask, is that now that the restrictions on camping have been removed, they are going to start booking up fast. Waiting a few days might mean no availability.

It’s pretty fair through RVShare, just their booking fee of $65. I just cancelled our Memorial weekend trip and they had a Covid reason for cancelling and I got back 100%.

A592BD1E-0C08-4779-BDFD-E4F4185B7357.jpeg

Happy Friday!

I used to work right there by the Needles store, miss me some Ol' Schoolhouse.

Place looks like such a dive, but the pizza is INCREDIBLE! Absolutely love the eclectic atmosphere. My dad and I hit it up every single year we go up there. My uncle just bought a place down the highway in Hermosa. We turned him on to going there and he's there every single week for his pizza "fix"

Eagerly awaiting confirmation so I can book an RV.
Heck- Id be ok if the guys waited an extra week or two to make the final call if that took the pressure off and gave time to work things out with the various state & local authorities.

I need time to prep the truck. I have a bunch of things on the back burner that I’ll fast track if it’s a go. If not, no need to spend the time and money right now for the truck to sit in the driveway.

I need time to prep the truck. I have a bunch of things on the back burner that I’ll fast track if it’s a go. If not, no need to spend the time and money right now for the truck to sit in the driveway.

Ha, same here. I could go right now, but there's a few things I'd LIKE to do.

Ha, same here. I could go right now, but there's a few things I'd LIKE to do.
catch your maintenance up. Everything else is not needed.

Yeah, last week I booked 3 nights a Molas Lake CG just prior to HIH and the pickens were getting slim.

catch your maintenance up. Everything else is not needed.
I've got new CV axles in the garage waiting to go in. I'm trying to decide what to do with my power steering rack. I'm torn between installing the new poly bushings I already have and a fluid flush with some AT-205 or just biting the bullet and buying a new rack. If HIH is a go, I'd probably do the new rack, just to be safe. If not, I'd probably just throw the new bushings at the rack I have and see how long I can make it last.

I'm also looking at a lift, but not sure how far down that rabbit hole I want to go. I've got 2865 springs and cranked OEM torsion bars right now and it's just ok. Trying to decide if I should just put a diff drop on with the new CVs and go nuts, but that'll be tricky in the time I have left.

Last edited:
I don't see how they are going to allow a group of 300 (of people from ALL parts of the country) in a town that was one of the most locked down and restricted towns in the entire country. I know some local law enforcement and they said as of today Silverton is very much open for business but honestly I'd be shocked if they allow HIH without some heavy heavy changes to the event. I'm sure Stan and Chris are in the thick of it right now and best wishes to them and thank you guys for your hard work as always!

I don't see how they are going to allow a group of 300 (of people from ALL parts of the country) in a town that was one of the most locked down and restricted towns in the entire country. I know some local law enforcement and they said as of today Silverton is very much open for business but honestly I'd be shocked if they allow HIH without some heavy heavy changes to the event. I'm sure Stan and Chris are in the thick of it right now and best wishes to them and thank you guys for your hard work as always!
I hope they allow it. This is an amazing event that all 100 series lovers should experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom