Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hell, you cannot even camp in Moab right now. So technically you can go to Moab, but you cannot camp.

It's still a ways out but after HIH, and when those then venture westward, and i6tll no doubt change by then but for now UT is still discouraging "non-essental travel" but in their effort to smartly and sllowly reopen the economy, that detail has been kicked further down the list. People are here, people are recreating and patronizing restaurants and HARDLY ANY of them are wearing masks. Its like a big fat slap in the face to the local residents that vacationing is more important than locals' health. I6m confident that NOT the intended message but here's another example of nonverbal communication breakdown and the disjoint between intent and percieved. 😟

So . . . . .
Along side the hundos, does the population of 80s and the population of GX470s also average out ... 😆😆😉
It's still a ways out but after HIH, and when those then venture westward, and i6tll no doubt change by then but for now UT is still discouraging "non-essental travel" but in their effort to smartly and sllowly reopen the economy, that detail has been kicked further down the list. People are here, people are recreating and patronizing restaurants and HARDLY ANY of them are wearing masks. Its like a big fat slap in the face to the local residents that vacationing is more important than locals' health. I6m confident that NOT the intended message but here's another example of nonverbal communication breakdown and the disjoint between intent and percieved. 😟

Is my troll alert going off right now?

Last edited:
9000 ft elevation sounds pretty nice.

E1846566-9EA5-41EE-BB57-EEE568AE96CC.png

Probably going to get some hate for this.... but I believe this is not as bad as they want you to think it is.

Ive travelled through multiple states, flown, been in contact with healthcare personnel through this whole ”pandemic” and still do not test positive for the virus or antibodies. And all these tests have been done after dining in restaurants and bars in the past 2 weeks. I was required to do the tests to get into a medical facility.

I think it just comes down to being smart about it. I know people who have tested positive and they pretty much knew the isolated interaction when they got it. Wash your hands, avoid direct contact when in public, wear a mask if you have a cough or other symptoms. Just be safe.

As for HIH, I hope it happens, but will understand if it can’t. Large gatherings are going to be a challenge for a while. But I will still be going to recreate in areas I’m allowed to.

Being smart is key. Unfortunately, I think 'being smart' is being replaced with 'I do what I want' and that's really the issue.

Being smart is key. Unfortunately, I think 'being smart' is being replaced with 'I do what I want' and that's really the issue.
Maybe, but the thing is Georgia has been open for 3 weeks and where I’m at it’s widea$$ open. Things are pretty much normal when you go out, but yet the cases continue to decline. How’s that possible?! o_O

Maybe, but the thing is Georgia has been open for 3 weeks and where I’m at it’s widea$$ open. Things are pretty much normal when you go out, but yet the cases continue to decline. How’s that possible?! o_O

It's good that Georgia is continuing to decline, but that doesn't mean that it didn't get bad in places like NYC. What I'm saying is that if there's evidence showing that it's safe to do this or that, let's do that. Instead of just pretending that it's fake and we had nothing to worry about from the beginning.

It's good that Georgia is continuing to decline, but that doesn't mean that it didn't get bad in places like NYC. What I'm saying is that if there's evidence showing that it's safe to do this or that, let's do that. Instead of just pretending that it's fake and we had nothing to worry about from the beginning.
If this was a chat thread I would respond, but it’s not. We are going to have to agree to disagree. I’m not getting into it here.

Here’s hoping that HIHX happens. I think that’s something we can all agree on :)

Here’s another vid from HIH9:

If this was a chat thread I would respond, but it’s not. We are going to have to agree to disagree. I’m not getting into it here.

Here’s hoping that HIHX happens. I think that’s something we can all agree on :)

Here’s another vid from HIH9:

Your videos are great! Thanks for sharing! This year at HIHX they will be even better with landscape mode! Please keep them coming.

Not getting political, but this so ridiculous. The fact that they think it’s acceptable to restrict commerce, even in the interest of “public health” is outrageous. I’m going no matter what, hopefully whatever they choose to fine me is disbursed amongst the local businesses they’re wrongfully condemning to bankruptcy.
Colorado had a lot of outbreaks early on because of the tourism at ski resorts. We have been playing catch up to get things under control since March. So no, it's not outrageous to do this in the name of public health because CO came close to having a NYC-like trajectory in some of our mountain communities and the only reason we didn't is because the state essentially shut down (including the resorts) in mid-March. I'm guessing the powers that be are being careful about fully re-opening because they know that people flock here in the summer just as much as the winter and they want to avoid a bad round 2 in the mountains. Combine that with the fact that the mountain communities don't have the resources that the front range does and it makes things worse.

Yes, businesses need to open up (my own has been hit very hard during all of this), but as Sweden has shown, it's the virus that causes the economic problems, not the shutdowns. Sweden never shut down and their economy has been hit just as hard as their neighbors.

We'll worry about CO, you worry about where you live.

Corkscrew getting cleared!

More footage of Corkscrew getting cleared:

Cinnamon is already cleared over the top from Lake City to Animas Forks and they are starting on clearing Engineer today. Evidently not nearly the amount of snow they had last year.

Cinnamon is already cleared over the top from Lake City to Animas Forks and they are starting on clearing Engineer today. Evidently not nearly the amount of snow they had last year.
There was still quite a bit of snow on Engineer in late September. Last season's snowfall in that part of the state was truly wild.

I want that job.

If they didn't plan on opening them up- they wouldn't be plowing them........ 🤞🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom